Director of Operations
Reporting to: VP Underwriting, Claims & Operations
Location: 777 Bay Street, Suite 2400
Status: Full Time
Posting Date: April 21, 2021
Closing Date: May 6, 2021
Director of Operations
Facility Association is an unincorporated non-profit association of insurers. FA operates in Yukon, Nunavut, Northwest Territories, Alberta, Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador. Every insurer licensed to write automobile liability insurance in these jurisdictions is a member of Facility Association. The affairs and business of FA is managed and controlled by a Board of Directors with authority Canada-wide. The President and CEO is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization and management of staff.
Facility Association ensures the availability of automobile insurance to owners, lessees and licensed drivers of motor vehicles who are eligible.
To deliver on our Purpose through the efficient administration of automobile insurance residual market mechanisms; and by providing valued information to our members. Facility Association strives to enhance market stability through minimizing our market presence and impact, in an effort to provide consumers with the benefits of a healthy and competitive standard insurance market.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Vice President of Underwriting, Claims & Operations, the Director of Operations is accountable for driving the Facility Association (FA) strategy across multiple business functions, developing forward thinking operational plans to enable innovative offerings, and for leading the execution of a rolling 3 year plan for a portfolio of initiatives in support of FA’s Purpose and Mission.
The candidate will identify new areas of opportunities for FA’s Operations and conduct ongoing evaluations of processes and procedures to maximize efficiencies and drive continuous improvement. They will also manage relationships with Servicing Carriers including oversight of reporting and standardization of all aspects of FA’s Residual Market Insurance operations.
- Lead and influence critical outcomes as an individual contributor
- Drive organizational effectiveness through the creation & prioritization of a 3 year strategic portfolio of initiatives for Facility Association
- Initiate and own the execution of strategic initiatives
- Design and implement an effective, resilient and scalable delivery model for FA’s Residual market products and manage the provision of insurance services to member companies
- Oversee agreements & contracts with external stakeholders
- Establish a Business-Systems Center of Expertise
- Improve organizational efficiencies by collaborating with business teams to review processes & procedures, identify opportunities, implement improvements and measure results
- Integrate internal Policy and Claims reporting with Finance, Actuarial and Audit Systems
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify risk, build effective risk management practices, develop key risk indicators and mitigation plans to manage risk
- Administer compliance with Plan of Operations
- Develop robust Servicing Carrier relationships, monitor service level agreements, ensure accurate reporting of data and financial information and manage broker appointments
- Organize and provide Servicing Carrier training in collaborations with Underwriting and Claims departments
- Manage the Operations department within an annual operating budget
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- 5-10 years’ experience in Operations leadership or Business Systems analysis in Canadian automobile insurance
- Skilled in process engineering and process improvement (6 Sigma or Continuous Improvement)
- Strong analytical capabilities, risk management and business acumen
- Exceptional planning skills, with structured approach to problem solving
- Proficient in heading complex Business & IT projects
- Established skills in leading and managing cross functional teams
- Strong communication, negotiation and facilitation capabilities
- University Degree, Graduate degree
PERSONAL / PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES
- The successful candidate is:
- Committed, sincere, reliable, credible and consistent
- A strategic thinker with excellent business insight and market knowledge
- Capable of collaborating with key market players to influence industry wide outcomes
- Results driven & able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to roll up their sleeves when needed: this is a relatively small organization operating in multiple jurisdictions across Canada, and the Director of Operations, with the proper support, must be prepared to do what needs to get done to achieve results
Please send your resume to:
Human Resources Department (HR)*
Contact: Azan Khan
Facility Association is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
* The Human Resources Department of Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC), provides HR services to Facility Association