Driven by technology and fuelled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit www.hsb.ca
HSB BI&I is currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team of experts as a Claims Adjuster in our downtown Toronto or Montreal office. The individual could be working out of our Toronto or Montreal office but will be handling claims outside the Quebec area. The right professional for this opportunity is client focused, self-driven, and enjoys utilizing his/her technical expertise to resolve equipment breakdown claims in a prompt and helpful manner. Come partner with our team of industry experts and act as a key HSB BI&I liaison as we continue to strategically strengthen HSB BI&I’s claims capabilities and our clients’ experiences.
In compliance with established company standards and procedures, and in observance of superior customer service practices, the main responsibilities of this position involve:
- Perform full-cycle claims handling, from First Notice of Loss to final settlement and payment.
- Effectively advise the insured on issues related to claims and provide prompt service and quality.
- Appoint and lead experts in support of the investigation of claims.
- Negotiate settlements and other challenges to resolve claims.
- Interact with insureds and reinsured to provide advice and guidance towards effective resolution of claims.
- University Degree and/or CIP designation completed or in process; an engineering degree will be considered an asset
- 10+ years related work experience in commercial property insurance
- Technical credentials and/or a good understanding of equipment breakdown is an added plus, but not a requirement
- Capable of managing a large workload while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong negotiation skills partnered with excellent customer service skills and relationship building skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement and strong analytical thinking
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiating skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in MS Office and databases
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference CAE-0421-BW and please click on the link: Apply Here
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.