At CNA, we are focused on success, individually and collectively. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that challenges and engages people. We strive to connect people, departments and business areas, to function as a team, and to serve our customers and communities with professionalism and respect.
Our dedication to employee engagement, continuous learning and the open exchange of ideas is the cornerstone of our business. These ideals, combined with our focus on the customer, enable us to explore new market opportunities and build on our success.
Our values, culture and financial strength are what differentiate us from other employers and make CNA the place you want to work. Learn more about CNA Insurance Canada at www.cnacanada.ca. Join our team as an Underwriting Support Representative!
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor- Claims, the overall purpose and objective of this position is to provide general administrative support for the Claims Department:
- Low-Touch small $ Claims handling using checklists in place to verify that all information exists to pay out the claim with limited Adjuster intervention
- Enter new claims, payment and reserve transactions in Senator. Set up e-file for claims being handled and prepare the Acknowledgement letters and/or emails to the Claimants. Utilize and update the internal iManage System
- Daily Claims Cheque issuance, scanning incoming cheques, filing cheque copies and back up in claim file, mailing cheques and appropriate back up to Claimants/Vendors.
- Entering deductible invoicing & collections with strict timeframe follow up and resolution.
- Subrogation and Salvage processing, data entry and working with outside Subrogation vendors.
- Filing requirements for both Standard Lines and Marine Claims Departments following strict Records Management protocol.
- E-file (Mail Matching) upload and tagging to e-file Claim number (daily), including scanning of hardcopy correspondence and upload to e-file
In all responsibilities and interactions, all employees are expected to adopt and align with CNA’s Winning Behaviours – to be externally focused, accountable, collaborative, innovative, inclusive and continuously learning.
- Previous Claims support service experience or underwriting knowledge is considered an asset
- 2 to 3 years customer service experience in an office environment is considered an asset
- A university/College diploma in Business Administration or a related field is considered an asset
- CIP or working towards completion of same is a definite asset
- An interest to pursue a career in the Claims field
- Must possess strong customer service focus and have the ability to resolve problems
- Must be detail oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment meeting specific deadlines, while demonstrating good time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with proficiency in Word and excel
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment with minimal supervision
- Flexibility with working hours will be required; predominantly 8:00 to 4:00 pm and flexible working shift 10 am to 6 pm (3 to 4 months per year) on a rotational schedule with other members in the department.
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- An annual performance bonus
- A pension plan
- Flexible work hours
- Top of the line medical and dental insurance
- And many more benefits (fitness subsidy, in-house training, etc.)
We are excited to learn more about you!
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.