McKillop Mutual is a progressive P&C Mutual Insurance Company located in Seaforth, Ontario. We have a rich history of providing personal, agricultural and commercial insurance products through a dedicated team of agents and independent insurance brokers.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a permanent full time Underwriter.
As an Underwriter, you will:
- Possess effective team building skills with a passion to share knowledge and build relationships with agents, broker and the underwriting team.
- Exhibit sound judgment and confident decision making skills.
- Assess risks to determine eligibility, exposure and ensure proper classification and rating.
- Consistently strive for sustainable, profitable business through your actions and decisions.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to adapt to changes in technology, processes and workflow.
- Post-secondary education.
- CIP designation or working towards one.
- Minimum of 5 years of underwriting experience (knowledge of commercial and farm would be considered an asset).
- Excellent verbal and written communication, superior customer service skills, excellent time management with the ability to multi-task.
- Proficient computer applications including Microsoft Office.
We offer a competitive compensation, benefits and pension plan and provide a business casual environment that supports a healthy work-life balance. Due to COVID restrictions working from home is currently an option. If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and covering letter to:
McKillop Mutual Insurance Company
Attention: Tracy Lamont
Box 819, 91 Main St. S.,
Seaforth, ON N0K 1W0
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is May 1, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.