As a property and casualty insurance specialist for more than 100 years, Saskatchewan Mutual Insurance Company (SMI) seeks opportunities to be the preferred insurance carrier. At SMI, we not only celebrate people, but we are driven by a relentless need to build personal connections resulting in exceptional customer experiences. Join a team that strives to become a beacon of hope in times where people need us the most.
SMI is seeking a permanent, full-time Supervisor, Claims & Administration to join our growing team! Reporting to the Manager, Claims & Administration, the successful candidate will be accountable for supervising claims activities and providing claims expertise, guidance and advice to the Company. This position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the claims and administration department, serves as a member of the management team and contributes to the development of corporate strategy and future planning.
As Supervisor, Claims & Administration YOU Will Be Responsible For:
- Supervising the day-to-day operations of the claims and administration department; answering questions, reviewing decisions on substandard and large claims; monitoring general workload and production levels; authorizing claims exceeding subordinates’ authorization levels.
- Supervising claims and administrative staff; working to build and develop a high functioning team; overseeing training requirements, providing support in recruiting, work assignments, professional development and performance management.
- Optimizing claims processes to create efficiencies and enhance customer service.
- Participating in the development, communication and implementation of claims best practices, policies and procedures to staff and independent adjusters.
- Responding to and settling major inquiries and complaints from claims staff, underwriting and marketing staff, brokers and policyholders.
- Reviewing claim files referred by the Underwriting department to help with wording interpretations and coverage inquiries.
- Developing and maintains positive stakeholder relationships. Applying a fair process to effectively and satisfactorily resolve policyholder and broker issues/conflict regarding claims settlements.
- Identifying industry trends in the area of insurance claims and researches and implementing new claim processes to support efficiency and business goals.
- Providing support in recruiting, work assignments, professional development and performance management of claims and administration staff.
- Participating in strategic planning for the Company.
- Acting as a role model who supports a positive organizational culture.
What We Need From YOU!
- a Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation
- five or more years claims experience in the property & casualty insurance industry
- knowledge of insurance claims principles, practices, operations and the impact of claims on the business of insurance; knowledge of the adjusting process
- basic knowledge of insurance underwriting principles and practices
- good understanding of how underwriting profitability impacts overall corporate results and capital requirements; ability to understand and interpret financial statements and participate in the business planning process
- ability to visualize, articulate, conceptualize or solve problems by making decisions that are logical and reasonable given the available information
- detail oriented with a commitment to innovation
- exceptional customer service skills
- ability to communicate effectively with a diverse and broad group of stakeholders, both internal and external
- project management and coordinating skills with the proven ability to handle multiple tasks and make decisions in a rapidly changing environment
- strong understanding of claims systems functionality and the data warehouse to develop sound claims reporting drive new initiatives and support processing efficiencies
- supervisory skills including interviewing and selecting employees, providing constructive feedback, conducting performance reviews, training and development, motivating and empowering employees
- ability to lead by example and help foster a positive and inclusive corporate culture
Come grow your career with a company committed to putting people first. When people join SMI, they are here to stay! At SMI, we take pride in caring for our employees as it is the collaborative efforts of our entire team which will allow us to continue to remain successful today and into the future….
This position offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, a fun and inclusive work environment, professional development opportunities and the potential for further advancement within the company.
HOW TO APPLY
SMI is doing amazing things and we want YOU to be part of our team and continued success! If this sounds like the opportunity for YOU, we want to hear from YOU!
Please submit an electronic copy of your cover letter and resume by April 11th to:
Saskatchewan Mutual Insurance Company
279 3rd Avenue North
SASKATOON SK S7K 2H8
SMI thanks all interested candidates, however, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.