West Elgin Mutual Insurance Company is searching for an individual to become part of our Underwriting Team. We are hiring a Property Underwriter with experience in property and farm underwriting to join our team in Dutton, Ontario. This position is full-time permanent.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes, base salary, benefits and pension plan. We provide a positive team environment with a focus on health, wellness and community involvement.
As a Property Underwriter, you will underwrite, rate and issue renewals, endorsements and new business within binding authority limits and according to our company guidelines. You will apply your excellent customer service and communication skills while developing and maintaining agent relationships.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Professional and courteous customer service skills
- Sound judgment in decision making and problem-solving
- Self-motivated, detailed-oriented and highly organized to manage workflow effectively with a demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to maintain service levels to specific company standards
- Proficient computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office; accompanied by a willingness to learn new software programs
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; while contributing to a positive work environment
- Applicants with a minimum of 3-5 years of personal lines experience (knowledge of farm or commercial would be considered an asset)
- Completion of post-secondary education
- Completion or commitment to achieve professional designation such as Chartered Insurance Professional
- Knowledge of IBS would be considered an asset