Driven by technology and fuelled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s Insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit www.hsb.ca.
The position of Product Development Specialist will appeal to an individual who enjoys the challenge of participating in the creation and execution of new innovative insurance solutions. Through creative approaches and perseverance, the Product Development Specialist efficiently brings new solutions to clients through ongoing design refinement, preliminary marketing, sales and communications support, ongoing evolution and optimization, and operational readiness. Enjoyment of project ownership, problem solving, as well as strong passion to evolve insurance beyond a simple paper promise will be key to success.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Research and evaluate trends for new solution opportunities for HSB Canada
- Establish and maintain a relevant network of outside partners/ experts to ensure continual access to ideas, opportunities and information
- Lead concept elaboration, design, build and launch of a new solution
- Found, form and lead the cross-functional solution development team (e.g., inclusive of underwriting/ pricing, marketing, technical experts, IT etc.) to leverage expertise where required
- Coordinate and move along product development through all stages of development; concept to MVP testing, pilot planning and full-scale rollout in support of the Business Initiative
- Develop and present supporting business cases and development updates to governing committee for approval and additional funding
- Drive the launch, support distribution/ sales
- Define solution roadmap/ evolution, guide growth and expansion of solution
- University degree with focus in Business Administration or Marketing with CIP/ CRM Designation.
- 2-5 years of experience Property & Casualty Insurance industry in evaluating, developing & operating ideas/ new products into actionable product proposals
- Prior consulting experience from a leading consulting firm will be an asset.
- Prior experience with design thinking and user-centric design; empathy to learn about your customers’ goals and pain points, and discover new product opportunities
- Ability to lead and own the solution design, inclusive of deep understanding of customer needs, insurance product design, services models and/or technology
- Focused on driving rapid development and launch & streamlining the path to revenue
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this. We will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference PRDS-0321, please click on the link: Apply Here
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.