Arch Insurance Canada has an opening with our Claims Division as a Claims Examiner. In this role, the responsibilities include overall handling and disposition of commercial claims supporting Property, Casualty and Professional business lines to analyze coverage, monitor claim developments, investigate the claim including legal and damage analysis, negotiate settlements and make reserve recommendations. In addition, work closely with Underwriters, Actuaries, and Claims Team to communicate claim developments and trends.
Specific duties include but not limited to the below:
- Manage Claims in which Arch is the primary and / or excess carrier. This requires review and assessment of coverage, liability and damages in jurisdictions throughout Canada.
- Identify and assess coverage issues, draft coverage position letters, and retain coverage counsel, when necessary as well as review coverage counsel's opinion letters and analysis
- Develop and implement strategy relative to coverage issues which correlate with the overall strategy of matters entrusted to the handler's care
- Develop and implement strategy to resolve matters of liability and damages of a particular case
- Maintain contact with the Insured, Independent Adjuster assigned, claim staff, business line leader, underwriter, and defense counsel, program manager and broker
- Investigate claim and review the insureds' materials, pleadings, and other relevant documents
- Identify and review of each jurisdiction's applicable statutes, rules, and case law
- Review litigation materials including discovery and expert's reports
- Analyze, and direct risk transfer, additional insured issues and contractual indemnity issues
- Retain counsel when necessary and direct counsel in accordance with resolution strategy
- Analyze coverage, liability and damages for purposes of assessing and recommending reserves
- Prepare and present written/oral reports to senior management setting forth all issues influencing evaluation and recommending reserves
- Travel to and from locations within the Canada to attend mediations, trials, and other proceedings relevant to the resolution of the matter
- Negotiate resolution of claims
- Review and pay bills, invoices and process indemnity payments.
- Maintain a diary of all claims, post reserves in a timely fashion, and expeditiously respond to inquiries from insured, counsel, underwriters, brokers, and senior management regarding claims
- FCIP / CIP, CRM designation or equivalent, Undergraduate degree required
- Four to six (4 – 6) years of working experience with commercial accounts
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal), influencing, negotiating, listening, and interpersonal skills to effectively develop productive working relationships with internal/external peers and other professionals across organizational lines
- Strong evaluation and negotiation skills
- Ability to take part in active strategic discussions
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Hands-on experience and strong aptitude with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Willing and able to travel 15%
More search results
GroupOne Insurance Services Inc.
Marketing & Digital Communications Officer
Underwriting Support Representative
CNA Insurance Canada
Personal Lines Insurance Broker
Wm. E. Hancock Life & General Insurance Brokers Ltd.
Office Manager/Commercial Lines
Archway Insurance Moncton