Accident Benefits Claims Adjuster (Intermediate or Senior)
Kickstart your Career, by Joining Our Team Today!
KENT & ESSEX MUTUAL INSURANCE is a well-established property and casualty, mutual insurance company proudly located in Chatham-Kent providing insurance solutions through our trusted network of Broker partners. We are a progressive, stable company with over 130 years of experience.
Kent & Essex Mutual is an equal opportunity employer who offers a professional environment that champions collaboration, trust, and growth to drive success. We cultivate a great working dynamic to help us deliver what is best for our team, our Brokers, and our policyholders. We value our employee’s career growth and ongoing professional development. We value our community and our business partners. We believe in doing what's right and feeling good about it.
What You Will Do
The Accident Benefits Claim Adjuster is responsible for handling of automobile, motorcycle, and recreational vehicle Accident Benefits claims. The claims are of varying complexity and the successful candidate will have a dynamic personality and the ability to excel in a high-performance environment. The Accident Benefits Claims Adjuster ensures claims are properly investigated, evaluated, and resolved in a timely manner. This position has the ability to work remote.
- Actively participate with claimants, physicians, treatment providers, employers, rehabilitation workers and other industry professionals.
- Investigate, evaluate, negotiate medium to high complexity of claims in accordance with the SABS legislation.
- Manage challenging coverage claims with tact and professionalism.
- Timely, accurate reserving in line with Company protocols and guidelines.
- Maintain control over expenses through pro-active handling techniques.
- Obtain approval from Manager on claims above authority.
- Manage claims in litigation, participate in mediations, pre-trials, and settlement conferences when applicable.
What You Bring to This Role
- Minimum of 5+ years of Accident Benefit claims experience required.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience or CIP working towards designation.
- Experience in developing, implementing, and monitoring case management plans.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of claims settlement, policy wording, and coverage issues.
- Understanding and knowledge of the License Appeal Tribunal (LAT) process.
- Strong knowledge of SABS legislation pre/post 2016.
- Ability to cross-reference information with attention to detail.
- Intermediate skills required specifically re: computer use, MS Suite of products and fluent use of HCAI.
- Strong claim analysis skills with an advanced understanding of the claims reserve process.
- Experience in investigation of suspected fraudulent claims.
- Strong organizational; decision making and problem-solving skillset.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Please apply in confidence to Human Resources by email: email@example.com before 4:00 pm on March 31, 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest and wish to advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Kent & Essex Mutual will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.