Be a part of a dynamic and growing team at Special Risk Insurance Managers Ltd, a leading Canadian provider of niche and specialty Insurance products.
We currently have an opening for an Underwriting Assistant.
- Perform basic underwriting support functions under the direction of an underwriter
- Follow a structured timeline for gathering underwriting information and quoting renewal business
- Use company strategy to retain existing business
- Handle endorsements & cancellations including accurate premium computation
- Communicate with brokers via e-mail and telephone
- Carry out other office and clerical duties as required
Minimum Job Qualifications & Personal Attributes:
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments efficiently and with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Motivated to meet competitive individual and team-related targets
- Strong independent work ethic
- Ability to work harmoniously in a team environment
- Strong written language, typing and organizational skills (experience with time blocking/batching an asset)
- Adaptable to change
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Sheets an asset
- 1-3 years :Habitational or commercial insurance experience is required
- Positive & professional communication skills
- CIP enrolled is an asset
More search results
GroupOne Insurance Services Inc.
Marketing & Digital Communications Officer
Underwriting Support Representative
CNA Insurance Canada
Personal Lines Insurance Broker
Wm. E. Hancock Life & General Insurance Brokers Ltd.
Office Manager/Commercial Lines
Archway Insurance Moncton