- HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA
- $18-$25/HOUR DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
- Job Category
- Job Type
The Associate Insurance Advisor I is a key player in the support and development of the agency operation primarily through the sales and service of The Co-operators personal lines products (auto and home insurance) and may provide some basic support for additional product lines.
What you’re responsible for:
• Sales, service and profitable growth of personal lines insurance products.
• Advise and recommend coverages and policies that best meet client needs.
• Prospect and cross sell by identifying and recommending additional products/services that benefit the client.
• Complete front-line risk assessment and selection following underwriting guidelines.
• Identify which risks require inspections and re-inspections. May be required to complete inspections.
• Achieve individual goals for client service, sales, quality and productivity.
• Support programs to build multi-client relationships.
• Respond to client questions and concerns, resolve customer complaints and escalate issues appropriately.
What to expect:
• Strict confidentiality with respect to client’s financial status and other personal information.
• This role involves direct contact with clients and/or service providers in their environment.
• You may be required have your own vehicle, valid driver’s license and insurance.
• You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate. A credit score of 660 is mandatory.
To be successful:
• You remain focused and optimistic in the pursuit of a goal, despite barriers, until the objective is achieved and effectively manage your time in the quest of client satisfaction.
• You leverage information about client’s needs and situations to qualify sales opportunities and exhibit strong communication skills that allow you to clearly convey messages.
• You are committed to continuous improvement and building productive client relationships in order to exceed client expectations.
• You’re an effective team player and provide guidance to support the development of your peers.
To join our team:
• One (1) year sales and service experience or related business experience is preferred.
• General Insurance License is required.
• Meet all provincial-licensing requirements in accordance with continuing education in order to obtain and maintain all licenses.
• OTL licence is preferred.
• Knowledge of auto, property and commercial insurance products is an asset and experience with selling techniques is preferred.
More search results
GroupOne Insurance Services Inc.
Marketing & Digital Communications Officer
Underwriting Support Representative
CNA Insurance Canada
Personal Lines Insurance Broker
Wm. E. Hancock Life & General Insurance Brokers Ltd.
Office Manager/Commercial Lines
Archway Insurance Moncton