Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply for this position.
At CNA, we are focused on success, individually and collectively. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that challenges and engages people. We strive to connect people, departments and business areas, to function as a team, and to serve our customers and communities with professionalism and respect.
Our dedication to employee engagement, continuous learning and the open exchange of ideas is the cornerstone of our business. These ideals, combined with our focus on the customer, enable us to explore new market opportunities and build on our success.
Our values, culture and financial strength are what differentiate us from other employers and make CNA the place you want to work. Learn more about CNA Insurance Canada at www.cnacanada.ca. Join our team as a Developer, Senior Analyst!
Under technical direction, analyzes client area requirements and processes, prepares application system specifications, and programs automated solutions or integrates applications to resolve business problems. Maintains centrally developed systems. The focus of this position will be designing or developing business applications and/or designing or developing alternative solutions.
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Evaluates defined client area requirements and processes (e.g., new enhancements or maintenance) and detailed designs and develops moderate to complex application program solutions.
- Ensures quality of application solutions by performing code review with peers, creating documentation, implementing code, verifying program logic, performing defect root cause analysis, and completing unit and integration testing. Participates in systems testing with other IT staff.
- Assists with the high-level design of solutions. Consults with the client area to analyze system requirements and capabilities, identify associated risks, and resolve problems. May act as a liaison between clients and applications area.
- Researches and evaluates new and/or alternative solutions, and recommends the most efficient and cost-effective solution for the systems/program design and develops system specifications and procedures. May include integrating vendor applications and consulting resources into existing applications and resources.
- In conjunction with operations area technical staff, supports the implementation of the application into production and testing environments. May confer with technical personnel to identify and resolve issues.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
In all responsibilities and interactions, all employees are expected to adopt and align with CNA’s Winning Behaviours – to be externally focused, accountable, collaborative, innovative, inclusive and continuously learning.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Typically a minimum four years of application program development experience.
- Applicable certificates preferred.
- Requires a broad knowledge of the system development life cycle, and system and application program development alternatives.
- Strong knowledge of client area's functions and systems.
- Solid knowledge of application development support software packages
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of interface design and user centered work methods.
- Requires solid communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively among all levels of internal/external business partners/clients.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced dynamic workforce
- Advanced knowledge in designing and building web application using ReactJS
- Advanced knowledge in designing and building ASMX and WCF Webservice (SOAP)/ Web API (RESTFUL), XML, XPath, XSLT, XQUERY
- Create and execute SQL Queries, Functions and Stored Procs on SQL Server
- Working knowledge of different version of Dev tools like Visual Studio, TFS and VSS
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- An annual performance bonus
- A pension plan
- Flexible work hours
- Top of the line medical and dental insurance
- And many more benefits (fitness subsidy, in-house training, etc.)
We are excited to learn more about you!
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.
More search results
GroupOne Insurance Services Inc.
Marketing & Digital Communications Officer
Underwriting Support Representative
CNA Insurance Canada
Personal Lines Insurance Broker
Wm. E. Hancock Life & General Insurance Brokers Ltd.
Office Manager/Commercial Lines
Archway Insurance Moncton