Customer Relationship Manager - Western & Atlantic Region
Region/Location: Western & Atlantic (Calgary/Edmonton/Vancouver/Saskatchewan/Manitoba/New Brunswick/Nova Scotia)
Reports to: Director, Western & Atlantic Operations
Job Summary: The Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) reports to the Director, Western & Atlantic Operations. The Customer Relationship Manager role includes a focus on developing marketing plans and achieving sales targets, and supporting the Institute Managers with the planning, development, and delivery of educational products. The CRM will also lend support for national initiatives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In coordination with the local institute managers, the CRM will support the development of educational offerings measured by pass rate, quality scores and participation.
- Discover & analyze the needs of stakeholder companies and members through interviews & external meetings and provide recommendations for the development of new or updating of existing regional products.
- Accountable for maintaining and managing solid relationships in order to drive organization plans
- Establish professional rapport with organizations to introduce them to programs and services provided by the Institute
- Annual review of client service requirements with key stakeholders to identify needs for change/improvement in services offered
- Provide a relationship management approach by creating value for both the customer and the organization. Utilize extensive product knowledge to match the customer needs appropriately
- Conduct follow-up activities to achieve and exceed customer satisfaction
- Provide in house educational and study skills sessions at customer locations.
- Support the Institute with promotion of all Insurance Institute products: including CIP, FCIP, Adv. CIP, Risk, Commercial, CMGA and all seminars and webinars.
- Contribute to the Customer Engagement Strategy in coordination with the local institutes, regional CRMs and VP, Business Development
- Support delivery of the daytime licensing and CIP equivalency programs in addition to review sessions
The Insurance Institute
- Promote awareness and participation in all Institute programs, products and services among members, stakeholders, the industry generally
- Identify key market segments, develop marketing plans and provide products/services tailored to customer needs
- Implement the business-to-business strategy by partnering with customer companies to facilitate development of high quality training and educational programs
- Drive new business by educating customers utilizing external and internal resources
- Promote IIC culture, values and management philosophy through ambassadorship out in the industry
- Responsible for ensuring that IIC’s value proposition is maintained and held in high regard when partnering with key decision makers
- Building trust, confidence and goodwill in customer firms, promoting customer retention
- Increase Institute brand recognition and enhance reputation in the marketplace
- Support the Institute with sourcing SMEs for various educational projects.
- Promote membership renewal, retention and attract new members
- Develop and maintain knowledge regarding marketplace trends, including Government/Regulatory issues, industry restructuring and competitive activities in order to support the development of products.
- Pursue opportunities to seek referrals from new business partners
The Local Institutes
- Obtain in-depth knowledge of local programs & services and stay informed on newly confirmed events
- Assist with effective marketing, up sell and customer relationship management of local initiatives
- Actively promote events with targeted visits with the aim of increasing attendance levels
- Encourage local members to register/attend events, CIP classes, host in-house sessions where appropriate
- Follow-up on unpaid memberships
- Project the demand for proposed product offerings based on market research/consumer trends/feedback
- Document, communicate and present results/findings to the Chapters
- Provide on-going progress reports to Managers and Senior Director
- Generate quarterly & annual objectives, aligned with local agenda. Monitor and review objectives, confirm upon completion and advise on next steps
- Assist with succession plans where appropriate – seek out potential committee/council members, make recommendations
- Grow list of key contacts at many levels for companies within the Institutes through regular meetings, visits and communication
Liaison with Other Organizations
- Maintain harmonious working relationships with the Insurance Institute of Canada, other local Institutes and Chapters
- Actively engage in building and maintaining effective relationships with other industry associations, to ultimately benefit the strategy and presence of the local Institutes
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Exceptional ability to interact and communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with a wide variety and level of individuals and organizations
- Superior aptitude for multi-tasking simultaneously and effectively across a broad range of activities
- First-rate planning, analyzing, reporting and organizational skills
- Highly skilled in developing and nurturing effective relationships and networks
- Assertive leadership skills, proactively decides and initiates action, delivering quality service and concrete results
- Strong presentation skills
- General knowledge of Social Media tools
- Thrives on working independently, but a positive team player
- High level of computer literacy with proven proficiency in Microsoft Office, plus above average ability with Excel and Power Point
- University graduate in a business discipline preferred
- CIP preferred with a minimum commitment to complete within time specified by the Institute management
- Five years work experience within the property-casualty insurance business
- Managerial experience an asset
- Strong knowledge of marketing methods and confident in public environments to strike up new relationships
- Three to five years proven experience managing business relationships
- Bilingualism in Canada’s two national languages not required, but an asset
- Driver’s license is required
- Travel TBD - industry events and marketing visits to stakeholder offices once in person activity resumes
TO APPLY: Qualified applicants please submit a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 17, 2021.
The Insurance Institute welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
GroupOne Insurance Services Inc.
Marketing & Digital Communications Officer
Underwriting Support Representative
CNA Insurance Canada
Personal Lines Insurance Broker
Wm. E. Hancock Life & General Insurance Brokers Ltd.
Office Manager/Commercial Lines
Archway Insurance Moncton