Take this opportunity to join a community minded mutual whose mission is “To Protect Your Future as if it’s our Own!”
We currently have an outstanding opportunity as a Claims Adjuster, where you will help serve our policyholders and be a positive influence in our community and family-focused organization.
Consider a career with HTM Insurance if you are a highly motivated individual. This is an ideal role for a strong team player that has the ability to function with attention to detail as well as responding to sensitive situations in a timely manner. By joining HTM, you will have the opportunity to work in a professional and modern environment with a competitive compensation plan.
As Claims Adjuster, you can expect to:
- Provide a fair and empathetic response to our policyholders.
- Adjust claims for Property & Liability losses applying terms and prevailing law to damage assessments and evaluated claims to calculate appropriate entitlement/compensation.
- Follow the appropriate claims handling protocol for the type of claim involved and strive for compliance with HTM published Service Standards.
- Provide prompt initial contact with insured’s and claimants and maintain clear communication throughout the claim process.
- Conduct investigations of all aspects of the occurrence.
- Using your knowledge of the claim circumstances to assess coverage under the policy
- Retain experts when needed.
- Assign and manage all outside vendors involved in the claim.
- Where required, assign appropriate defence counsel and participate in settlement meetings, mediations, arbitrations, pre-trials and trials.
- Ensure the claim process is continually moving forward in a timely fashion towards a fair, accurate and economic resolution and closure.
Skills, Education, Knowledge and Experience:
- University degree, Community college diploma or 5 Years Comparable Practical Experience
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Relationship building, team building & Customer service skills
- Computer skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
- Time management and organizational skills
About HTM Insurance:
Located in Cobourg, Ontario, HTM Insurance Company was formed in 1898 in the spirit of neighbours helping neighbours, as many farmers were unable to find companies to insure their properties and livestock. Today, our insurance coverage has grown to include a wide range of policies including farm, auto, residential and commercial.
Our Mission Statement speaks quite clearly to our values: “To Protect Your Future as if it’s Our Own.” At HTM Insurance Company, you’re with family.
More search results
GroupOne Insurance Services Inc.
Marketing & Digital Communications Officer
Underwriting Support Representative
CNA Insurance Canada
Personal Lines Insurance Broker
Wm. E. Hancock Life & General Insurance Brokers Ltd.
Office Manager/Commercial Lines
Archway Insurance Moncton