LOVE WHAT YOU DO
We are Sonnet , Canada’s smart new insurance done completely online. We set out to change how Canadians feel about insurance, and that means changing how we think about customer service too.
Sonnet is a federally regulated insurance company and wholly-owned subsidiary of Economical Insurance. Our mission is to provide Canadians with an easy, transparent and customized way to buy home and auto insurance online. Our values are clear and simple: we focus on our customers first, we bring our best and we’re stronger together.
Experience the future of insurance at Sonnet.ca, and find out more about us on: LinkedIn, Twitter , Instagram , and Facebook.We look for people who, like us, care enough to change everything. People who love people, who don’t take themselves too seriously, can work in ambiguity, support each other and communicate authentically. Simply put, we value people who are real. Also, we are a technology company, so self-professed digital geeks are more than welcome.
When our customers reach out to us with questions or need help to solve a problem, we want them to feel like they are being helped by someone who really cares. The feedback we hear so far is that talking to one of our Customer Service Heroes is like talking to friends or family and we NEVER want that to change.
If all of this resonates with you, please read on!
What are our Heroes saying about us?
We can tell you all about the job, but part of what we do differently is that we involve our team in as much as possible. Here are just a few examples
of what they said about the job:
- Managers who encourage quality of work so you can provide outstanding customer service to our clients.
- The people and the culture are amazing! We’re like a family.
- A team committed to positivity, finding answers and doing great work every single day.
- Technology is very modern and is set up to help rather than create technical limitations (we have two monitors and ergonomic desk stations).
- The management team genuinely tries to be transparent and honest about high-level decisions and how those decisions will affect us.
- Cooperative approach to issues —we help each other. All for one and one for all!
- A free shuttle is available from Union Station to the office which is helpful for those commuting.
What can you expect in this role?
- Responding to customer inquiries about our products. This includes taking telephone calls, responding to emails, and using the online chat function to chat with our customers.
- Resolving any problems that the customer has, providing first call resolution because you actually care and want to help them.
- Collaborating with other departments, as needed, in order to resolve customer problems quickly and provide a timely response back to the customer.
- Continuous learning about our products because no matter how much training you receive , there is still so much to learn in order to provide impeccable customer service to our customers.
- Adherence to quality assurance measures, such as call monitoring and feedback from customer surveys to ensure quality service is being provided.
- We also look at other metrics but these are the most important to us since they impact the customer experience.
What do you bring to the role?
- It helps if you’ve done this before, so if you have one year or more of experience in customer service where you were known to be a top producer and left a trail of smiling, happy customers, we want to speak to you! If you have but, for less than a year, then it’s probably best if you get more experience. We will still be here when you are ready.
- We want people that don’t think working in customer service is anything less than an amazing job, that it is an extremely important part of a company’s success and is a highly respected role.
- We believe in education so; you must have a post-secondary education in the form of a college diploma or university degree.
- You must hold a valid license from the AMF in personal lines insurance and be able to obtain your Ontario insurance license (OTL) during the first two weeks of the training. You must also be prepared to meet your license requirements, through continuing education or CIP courses.
- You must be fluently bilingual (in French and English) and be able to respond to customer inquiries in both languages.
- Previous experience working in an inbound call centre and/or retail store would be considered a bonus.It would be considered a plus if you have experience supporting an online, digital company.
- We use computers and other technology to do our jobs. You have to be comfortable with various forms of technology
- (even be pretty good at it) and be web-savvy too.
- A lot changes around here and there is a lot to learn so, you must have a proven ability to shift and pivot as the business requires.
- You need to be skilled at de-escalating customer’s concerns and problem solving to reach a resolution
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Please Note: Our business operates from Monday to Friday, 8:00 am - 8:00 pm and we require all successful candidates to be flexible in accommodating shifts in between those hours. However, please do not worry! We are a firm believer in providing advanced notice of shift changes so that you can plan out your personal schedules accordingly. This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including credit & criminal checks).
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
- Competitive salaries, with potential for an annual raise and bonus
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Generous time away, including vacation and personal needs days
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Two annual wellness campaigns — participants earn up to $300 each year to spend on almost anything supporting health and work-life balance (think things like spa days, daycare, pet grooming)
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
- Flexible work schedule
- Discounts on products and services
HOW TO APPLY
To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume and cover letter in one document.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
More search results
Commercial Small Business Account Manager
Customer Relationship Manager - Western & Atlanti…
Claims Examiner (Full Time)
Anderson McTague & Associates Ltd.
Senior Director, Claims Recovery Services
Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC)
Director, Claims Strategy & Programs
Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC)