Supervisor, Personal Lines Underwriting
Echelon Insurance provides Personal and Commercial Specialty Insurance solutions to protect Canadian families and businesses across Canada, through our trusted network of Broker partners. Echelon is a member of the CAA Club Group of Companies, and is an equal opportunity employer who offers a professional environment that champions collaboration, trust, and growth to drive success. We cultivate a great working dynamic to help us deliver what is best for our associates, Brokers, and Customers.
Who We Are
Get ready to drive your career forward. Life at Echelon is fast paced, performance-driven and rewarding. We value our Associates' career growth and ongoing professional development – and we regularly recognize their achievements and outstanding results.
We are caring. We are leaders. We are innovators. We are collaborative.
We work hard and play hard. We're about doing what's right and feeling good about it.
What You Will Do
The Supervisor, Personal Lines is responsible for the daily supervision of an Underwriting Team providing clear leadership and direction in a dynamic work environment. Has direct responsibility to execute underwriting policies, practices and procedures efficiently and effectively within established standards. Always displays corporate values, contributes to profitable underwriting growth and supports business objectives.
- Supervise the daily underwriting operations of a team of personal lines underwriters
- Ensure compliance with underwriting rules, guidelines, policies and practices as well as local, provincial and federal regulations and laws governing the insurance industry
- Manage workflow distribution, produce status reporting and measure underwriting service and quality standards
- Recommend and implement business process improvements to manage underwriting workload
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly staff meetings to review department and corporate goals and to set immediate action plans
- Coaching, mentoring, training and development of underwriting staff
- Responsible for implementing new policies and procedures, conducting regular audits and ensuring compliance with all existing policies and procedures
- Builds strong customer relationships with Brokers and Agents and facilitates positive working relationships with vendors and services providers
- Technical resource to handle complex accounts in excess of Underwriting Authority
Who You Are
- College or University Degree in related field is required
- CIP designation and working towards FCIP
- 8-10 years underwriting experience with a minimum 3 years in Supervisory/Leadership in Personal Lines
- Excellent people leadership, analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task
- Possesses strong product knowledge and policy wordings and has thorough knowledge and understanding of industry environment
- Experience in developing underwriting training manuals
- A team player with a positive attitude to achieve excellent service delivery
What’s In It For You
- Competitive total compensation and benefits package
- Annual shared success program based on performance
- Annual merit increases based on performance
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with a matching contribution component
- Complimentary CAA Membership
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Alberta Human Rights Act. Echelon Insurance will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.