Reporting to the Director of Risk & Insurance, the Claims Supervisor will be responsible for the intake, investigation, evaluation and resolution of commercial property liabilities and residential property claims. The Claims Supervisor will be required to manage claims to the approved resolution, with a keen focus on subrogation opportunities and third-party responsibility. A priority will be to maintain an internal claims management system in real-time and deliver management reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop systems and procedures for the review, evaluation, and administration of incidents at Starlight properties;
- Coordinate and consolidate the information necessary to make an informed decision on further course of action;
- Engage with Starlight personnel, third party property managers, adjusters, service providers and other stakeholders to obtain all necessary information and documentation;
- Continuously monitor claims file status to ensure all internal and external follow-up actions are completed;
- Ensure all claims related invoicing is requested and processed in a timely manner;
- Prepare and review various agreements, forms and releases required for signature, draft correspondence, and other documents;
- Compile reports for the Director, Risk & Insurance and Chief Legal Officer review;
- Engage with external legal counsel on an as required basis;
- Request regular updates from adjusters, insurers, and legal counsel;
- Pursue third party subrogation claims where appropriate;
- Review insurers quarterly loss reports to ensure reserves, billing and closed files are reflected accurately;
- Maintain an internal claims management system in real-time and deliver management reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis;
- Actively assist in the intensification of tenant insurance at Starlight properties.
The Claims Supervisor will possess a minimum of 5 years of experience handling claims of commercial liability and property claims; a customer service focus with superior verbal and written communication skills; excellent time management, organization, analytical and problem-solving skills; as well as the ability to manage varying workloads and priorities while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Experience in construction claims, dispute resolutions and CIP and/or CRM designations are considered an asset. Some travel might be required for this position.
Qualified candidates can submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org noting “#1138 – Claims Supervisor” in the subject line. We thank you for your interest in this role but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Starlight Investments is a privately held Toronto-based, full service, multi-family and commercial real estate investment and asset management company driven by an experienced team of over 300 professionals. The company currently manages over $20.0 billion of direct real estate as well as real estate investment securities. Investment vehicles include institutional joint ventures, True North Commercial REIT, Starlight U.S. Multi-Family Funds, Starlight Capital Funds and the Northview Canadian High Yield Residential Fund. Starlight Investment's portfolio consists of approximately 70,000 multi-residential units across Canada and the U.S. and over 8.0 million square feet of commercial properties.
Please visit the company at www.starlightinvest.com and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/starlight-investments-ltd-/
- Additional info: Description (110kb) (the link will open in a new window)