Facility Association (FA)
Reporting to: Director of Underwriting
Location: 777 Bay Street, Suite 2400
Status: Full Time
Posting Date: January 18, 2021
Closing Date: February 1, 2021
Reporting to the Director of Underwriting, the successful candidate will support the development and execution of rate filings as required. In addition to supporting the execution of projects and key tasks, the position will support the Director and Underwriting Managers in the creation and maintenance of reports, manuals and exhibits for internal and external stakeholders. The Underwriting Analyst will act as a resource to internal and external stakeholders, by supporting the analysis of relevant data and legislation on the Facility Association Residual Market mechanism and Risk Sharing Pools. Located in downtown Toronto, the position may require periodic travel outside of the Province.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with team members to develop and execute annual planning;
- Support portfolio management and depopulation efforts
- Provide support to review and develop rules as well as rate filings;
- Prepare reports for senior management as required;
- Demonstrate effective communication skills;
- Foster business relationships with external stakeholders and staff;
- Must be able to work in a team environment;
- Prepare agenda and material for the Rates and Rules Committee and sub-committees
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years automobile underwriting experience
- Working knowledge of the automobile insurance regulatory environments in the all provinces and territories
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) Designation, or actively working towards completion;
- Undergraduate Degree or Post-Secondary Diploma, or equivalent technical experience;
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work successfully within cross-functional teams;
- Demonstrated track record in meeting deadlines, effectively working on multiple tasks under time constraints.
- Must be willing to travel out-of-province;
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Facility Association outsources its Human Resource functions to its sister organization, IBC.
Please send resume to:
Human Resources Department (HR)*
Contact: Azan Khan
Facility Association is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
* The Human Resources Department of Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC), provides HR services to Facility Association