Are you a passionate and self-motivated recent graduate looking to explore a career in insurance? Does the idea of being able to apply your educational background in a corporate world excite you?
As one of the largest commercial property and casualty insurers, CNA has been providing insurance solutions to more than 1 million businesses worldwide for more than 100 years. We offer an environment that challenges you to learn, to use your imagination and to gain professional qualifications in a company where you are part of a team pursuing common goals. CNA Canada has five strategically placed offices in Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver, making our friendly and knowledgeable staff easily accessible to our customers.
We recruit individuals from a variety of backgrounds who demonstrate superior teamwork, leadership, interpersonal skills, analytical and decision making ability, business acumen, organizational skills and communication ability. The skill set needed to do our jobs is varied and challenging - applying often to those with a generalist interest in insurance.
CNA Canada is currently looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious recent graduate with some work experience to join our team as an Underwriting Intern in our Vancouver branch. The overall purpose and objective of this position is to act as general support for underwriting and branch administrative activities.
- Manage all premiums including new business, renewals and endorsements within corporate guidelines.
- Complete underwriting reports, review and follow-up on recommendations of inspections, and analyze loss experience.
- Work with underwriters to ensure all new business is properly documented and the file integrity checklist is completed for all accounts, including renewals.
- Manage broker communications as required.
- Service existing accounts to ensure targeted profitability and renewal retention.
- Assist underwriters in maintaining relationships with brokers.
- Preparing new business policies, renewals, and endorsements. Includes completion of risk reports, reinsurance placement and general file maintenance.
- Preparing underwriting reports, quotations and obtaining information as necessary and ensuring timely process of business.
- Assist manager and underwriters with special projects as required.
- Maintaining client and policy data in internal systems.
- Complete policy change requests, working with internal resources.
- Assists underwriters with their responsibilities so as to effectively maximize their use of time, as required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
In all responsibilities and interactions, all employees are expected to adopt and align with CNA’s Winning Behaviours to be inclusive, externally focused, accountable, collaborative, innovative, and continuously learning.
- Completion of University post-graduate degree or College diploma
- 1-3 years of work experience is an asset, preferably in P&C insurance
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong customer service focus and ability to take initiative to resolve problems with customers
- Must be detail oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment meeting specific deadlines, while demonstrating good time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability work both independently within a team environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent Word and Excel skills and other business-related software
Learn more about CNA Insurance Canada at www.cnacanada.ca.
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.