Claims Specialist - Auto Physical Damage - Level 1
Job Title: Claims Specialist – Auto Physical Damage – Level 1
Job Location: Remote
Join our team
The Commonwell Mutual Insurance Group is not just another insurance company; we are a P&C Mutual company with solid grass roots within our community. We’re proud to be a leader within the P&C industry offering a Mutual experience rich with history, opportunity and exceptional customer service. We are committed to profitable growth, team development, ingenuity, while having fun at work. We encourage a work-life balance and we are passionate about what we do.
What will you do as part of the team:
- Review, analyze and negotiate minor to moderate APD claims,
- Investigate and evaluate claims by telephone and by written correspondence,
- Interpret insurance policy wording and determine policy coverages,
- Identify and promote suggestions to improve processes,
- Provide exceptional member service to our insureds, distribution partners and vendors,
- Clearly communicate company positioning on issues to insureds, brokers and vendor partners,
- Develop and maintain working relationships within all claims specialties as well as other functional areas within the business.
What you need to succeed:
- Good comprehension of policy wordings, including OAP and OPCF endorsements
- Working knowledge of reserve calculations and exposure,
- Working knowledge of liability exposure and subrogation opportunities,
- Working knowledge of vendor networks and required coordination in the effective resolution of claims,
- Working knowledge of injury exposure and required reporting processes,
- Good knowledge of all relevant regulations and the Insurance Act,
- Demonstrate an exceptional customer experience mindset,
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to interact with various internal and external contacts,
- Ability to work under pressure and multi task,
- Great organizational skills and ability to multi task is required,
- Thorough attention to detail and the ability to perform moderate mathematical calculations,
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and empathy are required when dealing with insured’s and claimants,
- 1-3 years’ experience and completion of post-secondary education in a related discipline or an equivalent of both.
Premium Perks for you:
- Remote work with flexible office hoteling options,
- Discount on Home and Auto insurance,
- Extensive flexible benefits program to meet your individual needs,
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Corporate Wellness program to promote a healthy lifestyle
- 35-hour work week with Flex Hours option,
- Paid volunteer days
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Education opportunities
If after reading this, you are excited about the opportunity to join our team and provide exceptional member service then visit commonwell.totalhire.com. Submit your application by December 3, 2020.
JOIN THE #Commonwell Crew! We saved you spot!
Accommodations: The Commonwell is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring barrier free employment practices. Should you require workplace accommodation, let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We are proud to be recognized as a Great Place To Work!
We thank all candidates for their applications, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.