POSITION: Marketing Communications Coordinator
LOCATION: Jones DesLauriers Head Office, 2375 Skymark Ave., Mississauga, ON
REPORTING TO: Marketing Lead
We are seeking a dynamic, highly organized marketing coordinator to join our growing organization. The successful candidate should be detail-oriented and have a solid understanding of marketing techniques with a keen interest in connecting clients with relevant and thoughtful content. Excellent communication skills and a passion for advertising strategies are a must.
As a member of one of Canada’s fastest growing insurance brokerages, the Marketing Communications Coordinator will help position and enhance the Navacord Broker Partner value proposition and client experience. They will be responsible for the creation and management of compelling print and digital collateral, presentations, web content, and social media posts, while supporting the success of client or internal events.
Reporting to the Marketing Lead and working alongside internal and external resources, the Marketing Communications Coordinator will contribute to a wide range of projects as we build out our content marketing, events, and digital strategies. This individual will be up to date on current marketing and communications techniques, and apply their understanding of layout, typography, and visual presentation to create relevant audience preference.
Marketing & Branding:
- Assist with the execution of marketing campaigns that support sales enablement to achieve target goals and objectives
- Under the direction of the Marketing Lead, liaise with Broker Partners and key stakeholders to implement marketing plans for applicable industry sectors of the business
- Promote and continuously enhance the quality and prestige of Navacord and Navacord Broker Partners among clients, prospects, partners, and the community
- Create collateral, including Power Point presentations and proposals
- Write, edit and update brochures, ads, newsletters, along with other materials as directed
- Maintain consistency of branding
- Assist with the management of internal promotional orders and ensure they comply with brand guidelines
Content Marketing, Social Media, Digital:
- Provide input into the social media strategy including building and managing Navacord or other Broker Partner social media profiles and presence
- Assist with the adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all of the company’s products and services
- Distribute shareable content targeted for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content
- Implement marketing and advertising campaigns based on each brands promotional plan
- Develop and coordinate the development of content for campaigns; text and graphics, together with internal technical experts or external partners, suppliers and designers
- As applicable, create and execute email drip-campaigns using templates, databases and marketing automation tools; generate and maintain mailing lists
- Execute and monitor online advertisement, email blast, social media and other digital campaigns
- Participate with the ongoing development of corporate websites including design, functionality, and technical maintenance
- Report on analytical projects to improve digital performance and analytics
- Support the planning and execution of tradeshows and other customer events
- Collaborate in the writing and editing of variety of content for print and digital publication
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Commerce, Business Administration, Marketing or Humanities
- Minimum 3 years of Marketing experience having demonstrated an exceptional work ethic
- Creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate.
- Experience in the Insurance / Financial Services sector an asset
- Working knowledge of WordPress, Google Analytics, and website management
- Experience with social media management and associated advertising platforms
- A master in the MS office suite of products (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) that also produces compelling and visually appealing presentations and proposals
- Experience in event planning and management including coordinating logistics, managing budgets and execution an asset
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience using the Adobe creative suite and email marketing platforms (mail chimp, constant contact)
- Copywriting experience an asset
- Demonstrated ability to make common sense decisions and solve problems independently, while also being able to accept direction and follow/understand brand guidelines and industry compliance
- A quick study on corporate processes, industry terms and content
- Strong attention to detail, quality, and above average time management skills
- A great multi-project manager
- An excellent communicator who can actively listen to understand, ask smart questions, and work well with experts and sales professionals
- A people person—the Marketing Team interacts with, supports, and serves a broad range of corporate stakeholders, clients, prospect, and community partners
We are committed to providing accommodation upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.
If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.