Do you possess expertise in either insurance claims, architecture and or law? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of the customers you serve? Interested in working with a dedicated team, laser-focused on serving Ontario’s architectural firms? We would like to invite you to join our team as a Claims Professional.
Pro-Demnity is seeking a high-performing Claims Professional with an aptitude for learning quickly and has at least one of the following:
- an insurance claims professional specializing in professional liability insurance;
- an experienced architect who is interested in supporting the architectural community;
- a litigation lawyer specializing in construction law
As a Claims Professional, you will manage a portfolio of architect professional indemnity insurance claims. As an advocate for the architectural profession, you will be responsible for providing a rigorous defence within our policy coverage while ensuring prudent and effective cost containment and oversight.
Reporting to the Vice President, Claims & Legal and working as part of an integrated team, you will:
- Determine coverage: Assess relevant policies to determine coverage available.
- Investigate: Research, gather and analyze documentation, including: evidence, expert reports, legal pleadings, building codes, construction products and building systems.
- Assess damage: Quantify damage sought or loss suffered by third party(s). Working with internal and external experts, you will assess the potential extent of the policyholders’ liability.
- Financial management: Maintain accurate and timely reserves, actively and effectively mitigate and manage costs and expenses.
- Oversee and Engage experts: Engage and direct internal and external counsel and other consultants.
- Mediate, Litigate, Negotiate & Settle: working with the VP Legal & Claims and both internal and external counsel, you will ensure appropriate litigation strategies are identified. You will support the full claims lifecycle including mediations, pre-trial conferences and other procedures, negotiations and settlements.
- Document: Maintain a full and complete chronical of events for each claim.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your key daily interactions will include:
- Colleagues on the Claims & Legal team, as well as other employees;
- Architectural firms and employees;
- Internal and external experts and consultants;
- Internal and external lawyers;
- Third party insurance adjusters.
You are an experienced, results-focused professional with the empathy, intelligence, and drive to help our clients through sometimes lengthy professional liability claims. You bring:
- 8+ years demonstrated work experience in either insurance, architecture or law;
- Exceptional analytical, critical and strategic-thinking skills;
- Strong administration and organizational skills;
- Proactive problem-solving capacity, finding creative solutions to meet the objective;
- Shrewd negotiating capabilities, establishing productive and effective working relationships;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication;
- Leadership experience (an asset); and
- Strong proficiency in basic office software (Office 365 or equivalent).
In terms of education & training, you have a CIP or FCIP, LLM or JD or, an undergraduate degree in Architecture. A Master’s degree would be advantageous. You are active in your profession and likely to be a member of one or more of the following associations:
- Chartered Insurance Professional Society (CIP or FCIP)
- Member of the Ontario Association of Architects
- Member or Fellow of the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada
- The Law Society of Ontario
How to apply
Please submit your CV along with your Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 21, 2020.
Pro-Demnity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants.
Pro-Demnity Insurance Company proudly supports Ontario’s architects with mandatory professional liability insurance and risk management solutions, so they can design, create and build the inspiring structures and spaces we live, work and congregate in. We’re also a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Ontario Architects Association. www.prodemnity.com
Our Purpose: to be the trusted ally to protect & defend the architectural profession and their families by strengthening and supporting their resiliency to the risks associated with practice.
Our Ambition: to strive each day to be the authority on risk, resulting in financially sustainable practices that unleash the full potential of the profession to improve society and human interaction through better design.
In pursuing our Purpose and Ambition, we build upon our core values of Trust, Accountability, Collaboration, and Innovation.
More search results
Driver Education Assessment Coordinator
Saskatchewan Government Insurance
Director, Business Intelligence & Operations
Personal Lines Account Manager
Sears Insurance Limited
Business Development [Underwriting] Manager
Grenville Mutual Insurance
Auto Claims Compliance Manager
Saskatchewan Government Insurance