Senior Commercial Lines Underwriter
Milnco Insurance is a fast paced Canadian owned Managing General Agency that provides innovative underwriting & placement solutions for our network of brokers across Canada. We are seeking an Senior Commercial Lines Underwriter to join our growing team, located in a modern downtown Winnipeg office building.
The ideal candidate for this position will need to be detailed and accurate in their work and be able to juggle multiple priorities while showcasing great customer service to our broker partners. We offer a competitive and comprehensive salary and benefits package, including an RRSP matching program and Employee Ownership Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Underwrite and maintain medium to large commercial new business and renewals under our In house authority contracts, adhering to all contract guidelines to ensure underwriting integrity is maintained
- Market and maintain medium to large commercial new business and renewals to Insurers
- Maintain strong professional relationships with external insurance partners as well as broker partner offices
- Provide detailed instructions to Underwriting Assistants on how to issue new, renewal, endorsements or cancellations
- Act as a resource, coach and mentor for more junior co-workers
- Broker and Insurer visits as required
- Participate in team meetings, management meetings, and company-wide initiatives as required
- Assist in the development of products and programs
- Participate in ongoing training and education
- Minimum High School Graduate
- An insurance designation preferred (or working towards one)
- 5 to 10 years of commercial insurance underwriting experience (experience underwriting in an MGA environment is an asset)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Prior experience working in TUW is an asset
- Confident self-starter willing to learn new tasks and is able to demonstrate ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Opportunity to work remotely is an option with attendance at the office in Winnipeg for meetings and collaboration as needed.
Please email your confidential resume and cover letter to Patrick Lien at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, and otherwise in any recruitment process with Milnco (the “Company”), such personal information may be retained and used for a period of one (1) year from the date of this application, for the purpose of consideration for employment opportunities which may arise during that time period, unless an applicant notifies the Company to the contrary.