The Ontario School Boards’ Insurance Exchange (OSBIE) is a progressive and successful reciprocal operating since 1987 and now insuring 90% of the school boards in Ontario. The primary goals of the Exchange are to insure member school boards against losses and to promote safe school practices. OSBIE presently provides coverage for General Liability, Property, Boiler/Machinery, Crime, Auto, Cyber and Legal Expense lines of business to its members.
OSBIE is a proactive, boutique company currently seeking a seasoned, driven and enthusiastic candidate to lead a department that prides itself in providing fair, prompt and courteous services to its members. Our products, Risk Management and Claims delivery systems are tailor made to suit the needs of our Subscribers.
The successful candidate will lead a small but experienced and well qualified claims team that consists of Claims Admin Staff, Claims Examiners, Claims Manager and Technical Claims Specialist. This department currently holds an outstanding count of 700 claims with an average annual intake of approximately 400 new claims.
The successful candidate will contribute to the success of OSBIE by undertaking responsibility for the development, implementation and management of claims strategy, policies and procedures. As the selected leader, you will utilize your transformational leadership skills to direct and develop the Claims department while ensuring consistent delivery of claims services and maintaining high service standards in compliance with best practices that are benchmarked to industry standards.
- University Degree and/or Fellowship of the Insurance Institute.
- 10+ years of insurance experience and a minimum of 5 years in a management/supervisory role
- Proven Leadership skills with the ability to influence and gain respect, credibility and confidence from others
- Ability to coach, guide and positively motivate staff
- Extensive knowledge of coverages provided by the various policies, legal, and medical terminology, depreciation and replacement costs, and of insurance principles and practices
- Superior level of negotiation, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively convey ideas in a persuasive manner
- Strong ability to examine and analyze complex data and evidence to arrive at sound decisions
- Highly proficient time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong MS Office Skills with the ability to easily adapt to new software applications
- Intermediate IT skills would be an asset
- Proficiency in written and verbal French an asset
OSBIE is committed to providing a barrier-free application and interview process for all candidates. Should you require accommodations due to a disability or medical condition at any point throughout the hiring process, please notify us and we will do our very best to meet your needs.