Group Benefits Underwriter, Reporting & Analytics (Mississauga, ON)
- JDIMI Consulting
- Mississauga, ON
- Job Category
JDIMI Consulting, a Navacord Company, is a multidisciplinary, professional services corporation, offering the highest standard of service in industry-leading Insurance, Financial Management and Planning & Solutions Strategies to corporations, corporate executives, business owners and individuals alike with unparalleled personalized care and service. JDIMI Consulting, is hiring an Underwriter, Reporting & Analytics for our Mississauga location. If you are a positive and results-driven individual who excels at providing superior client service and support we invite you to join our team. You will have a proven track record of providing technical expertise regarding Group Benefits plans.
- Understand the complexities of group benefits and the products available.
- Handle all aspects of a group insurance renewal, including analyzing the insurer’s proposed position and negotiating the best result available for each client.
- Handle all aspects of remarketing including preparation of specifications, responding to the market’s queries, summarization and comparison of all quotes received.
- If applicable, review the accuracy of refundaccounted or ASO financial reconciliations provided by insurer.
- Write comprehensive report (whether for renewal, marketing or financial reconciliation) including meaningful descriptions, analysis and recommendations.
- Calculate projected renewal rating (based on 9 months of experience) and write letter outlining the results, for clients’ budgeting purposes.
- Experience reviews (other than 9 month projections) based on individual client requirements, as outlined by the Consultant.
- Prepare pricing for plan design changes and illustrate the financial implications to client.
- Assist with recommendations for improvements in plan designs and help to identify any areas of risk for the client.
- Prepare presentations for client renewal and prospect meetings.
- Attend client meetings with Consultants and act as a technical resource.
- Update workflow on a regular basis, at least weekly.
- Communicate regularly with management, regarding developing trends.
- Continually build strong working relationships with insurers.
- Other duties as assigned, including (but not limited to) backing-up other Reporting and Analytics teams members.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience, preferably as a Group Benefits Underwriter.
- Interest in completing Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) examinations particularly those pertaining to Group Benefits
- Experience in the consulting environment a definite asset.
- University or College degree.
- Excellent computer software usage skills, including both Power point and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (in English).
- Strong working mathematical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Must be analytical and possess strong decision making skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Results focused, pro-active and service-oriented.
We are committed to providing accommodation upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.