HSB BI&I is a leader in providing specialized equipment breakdown insurance. We provide insurance and reinsurance to Canadian and global businesses through our coast to coast network of offices, 4,000 independent insurance brokers and over 50 major insurance companies. HSB BI&I is a member of the Hartford Steam Boiler Group and part of the global Munich Re Group of Companies.
- We have over 140 years of experience and through our modern systems and practices remain unsurpassed in meeting our customers’ needs.
- You can become an expert in your field while enjoying a healthy work/life balance and a collaborative, friendly atmosphere in our offices.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program to our employees.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website: www.munichre.com/hsbbii
This is a dynamic, high energy role in which you will bring the Internet of Things to market, building HSB BI&I's IoT business and bringing the benefits of sensor systems and data to customers. As the Manager, IoT Business Development, you will drive executive level customer engagements including prospecting, qualification, piloting and production, involving multiple stakeholders through the full cycle sales process and negotiations. You will work in conjunction with our cross-functional internal IoT team, internal partners across departments and regional offices, as well as coordinate with our parent, HSB in Hartford. This position is based in our Toronto Head Office location and will include frequent travel to the US and within Canada.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 5 years in program management or technical sales with sensor systems and related data management
- Working knowledge of insurance and risk management
- Previous experience in customer evaluations and program deployments
- Consistent track record in sales solutions and product program management, expansion and delivery
- Excellent client relationship development capabilities
- Applied interest or experience with hardware gadgets and/or sensors
- Able to work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams dealing with technical topics
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Entrepreneurial drive and spirit
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel regularly in Canada and US
- Fluent in English and French is not necessary but considered an asset
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices.
Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference IMD1019-BW and send a covering letter along with a resume to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.