The Mutual Fire Insurance Company of British Columbia is growing their team and is seeking a Claims Examiner. If you are a dedicated professional that is passionate about our industry and want to be part of a growing company, then this is the exceptional opportunity that you have been seeking. At Mutual Fire you will be part of a vibrant and supportive team environment.
The Mutual Fire Insurance Company of British Columbia was founded in 1902 and has a proud heritage of serving our policyholders.
We have a full complement of insurance products including Personal, Farm, and Commercial available in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario. Mutual Fire Insurance is a progressive, well managed, growth-oriented insurer owned by our policyholders.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive employee benefit package.
- Diverse mix of staff and demonstrated work/life balance.
- Career growth opportunities and continuing education programs.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Investigating, evaluating and settling claims in a fair manner by applying technical knowledge and human relations skills.
- Process new claims by inputting concise yet sufficient file documentation.
- Adjust reserves to ensure that reserve activities are consistent with corporate policies.
- Pay and process claims within designated authority level.
- Overall maintenance of assigned claims files.
- Resolve claims both telephone adjusted and independently adjusted using high service-oriented file handling.
- Verify and analyze data used in settling claims to ensure that claims are valid and that settlements are made according to company practices and procedures.
- Present cases and participate in discussions at various committee meetings.
- Report directly to the Vice President of Claims.
Here’s what you bring:
- 3 - 5 plus years related experience and training.
- CIP designation or in latter stage of completion.
- Analytical outlook with exceptional problem-solving ability.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve conflict and maintain confidentiality.
- High level of Customer Service with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team player with proactive case management skills.
- Possesses a functional and developing knowledge of the legal statutes and procedures.
We offer a stimulating work environment that is guaranteed to be challenging, fast paced and fun!
Please send your resume and salary expectations in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.