This position is involved in the day to day operations of automobile and residential business, ensuring effective and timely processing of new, endorsement and renewal business. Leading an engaged and driven Underwriting team, you will energize the development of employees, identify and implement opportunities for efficiencies and manage the transaction service levels of the Underwriting department within our Lindsay office.
As a dedicated, enthusiastic, and experienced P&C insurance professional, you demonstrate the following key skills:
- Advanced technical knowledge and interpretation of residential and automobile insurance, to be a resource to your team and our broker/agent partners,
- Strong ability to develop and implement strategies for growth and success,
- Advanced knowledge of systems and process that support client service expectations with a continuous improvement mindset,
- Ability to work with cross functional teams and a diverse broker/agent distribution team utilizing your knowledge of the underwriting function, policy wordings, rating systems, and reinsurance to build strong effective relationships,
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills to support the strategic direction of your department,
- Strong and effective communication and leadership skills to support the development and success of your team; and
- 10+ years of experience in the field of insurance, 5+ years of experience in a leadership position is considered an asset, and completion of post secondary education with a CIP or FCIP designation.
If after reading this, if you are excited about the opportunity to join our team, bring value, be innovative and help us execute on our strategy for success then visit thecommonwell.ca for a detailed role description. We are waiting for you!
Visit thecommonwell.ca to to view a detailed role description and submit your application by October 24, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their applications, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted. We provide equal opportunity and a barrier free process. Call (705) 324-2146 or write email@example.com for more information.