Market Intelligence Consultant (Auto/Insurance)
POSITION TITLE: MARKET INTELLIGENCE CONSULTANT (AUTO/INSURANCE)
BARGAINING UNIT: Association of Management, Administrative and Professional Crown Employees of Ontario
JOB CODE: 6a004 – Admin06
SALARY RANGE: $71,955 - $106,033 Per Year
JOB TERM: 2 Permanent
HOURS OF WORK SCHEDULE: 6 - 36.25 per week minimum
WORK LOCATION: 5160 Yonge Street, North York
POSTING DATE: October 2, 2019
CLOSING DATE: October 17, 2019 11:59 PM EST
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
As a member of the Auto/Insurance Products Team, you will provide leadership and specialist sector expertise for the monitoring, scanning and analysis of market activity/conduct and industry business policies, practices and products of the Auto/Insurance sector regulated by FSRA.
Additional duties will include:
- Leading/conducting environmental scans of industry practices and products and researching new industry business developments including business practice surveys.
- Conducting research and analysis of market conduct incidents, industry complaints data, financial statements and actuarial reports to identify broad issues.
- Leading/conducting projects for the design, development and implementation and review of market intelligence research/analytical methods and models, databases and tools.
- Providing advice related to the development and impact of legislation, policies, business plans and programs from a sector perspective to inform strategic decisions for policy, program and regulatory practices.
- Leading/conducting consultations and participating in joint initiatives with other provincial and federal regulators and associations and representing FSRA at meetings with professional bodies.
Specialized Knowledge and Experience
- Proven knowledge of research, statistics and analytical techniques and methods and policy processes to conduct proactive research and analysis of market conduct issues and system trends, interpret data and develop conclusions and to inform policy development initiatives.
- Proven knowledge of risk based regulatory techniques and the principles and practices related to market conduct regulation, risk analysis and assessment to lead/conduct market conduct intelligence research and analysis projects and to provide sector expertise and advice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current issues and trends related to the operations, processes and products of the auto/insurance sector across Ontario.
- Proven project management skills to plan and lead projects and teams.
- Demonstrated analyzing and problem-solving skills to research, identify and analyze broad or systemic market activity and practices across the auto/insurance products sectors in Ontario and summarize evidence from multiple sources, analyse research data and prepare reports of research results. .
- Proven public consultation, oral communication and stakeholder relations skills to provide advisory services, lead stakeholder consultations, and maintain working relationships across FSRA and jurisdictions.
- Proven written communication skills to prepare and present reports, issues notes and speeches.
FSRA is committed to ensuring equity in employment. Our goal is to create a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to ensure our services and communications are accessible to all individuals. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
NOTE: ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED