As a wholly owned subsidiary of the Cooperators General Insurance company, Sovereign Insurance believes your experience matters. This is our promise to not only our clients but to our employees as well, because we know the strength of our company starts with our people. The smart, curious and collaborative people who bring their whole heart and passion to work each day. But you can’t pour from an empty cup; we take care of the well-being of our people so that they are inspired to protect Canadian businesses and the lives, families and communities we impact. Join us and begin shaping your experience at Sovereign.
We are looking for an emerging Specialist to join our dynamic Equipment Breakdown team. Reporting to the Eastern Manager, Equipment Breakdown, the successful candidate will use their technical and marketing skills along with strong business acumen to grow this book of business while working closely with the other line of business teams to provide clients with a comprehensive insurance solution. The ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team, is paramount, as is problem-solving and having a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
What you’re responsible for:
- Underwriting and quoting new business and renewals in accordance with our underwriting philosophy and guideline, rating, loss ratio objectives, service standards to ensure a profitable book of business within established underwriting authority.
- Developing positive and constructive relationships with brokers and business partners, focused on expanding market penetration.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with key clients to deliver account support, customized client focused renewal proposals.
- Analyzing significant trends from monthly reports and make recommendations to improve risk controls and underwriting effectiveness.
- Assisting in the price monitoring, risk selection and data quality performance to facilitate in decision making.
- Managing ongoing initiatives and provide advice and guidance related to resolving issues as they arise.
What to expect:
- Detail oriented work that requires a high degree of mental concentration for extended periods of time.
- Bilingualism in English and French is an asset.
To be successful:
- You thrive on leading and motivating others to embrace accountability to deliver our exceptional client experience and achieve results.
- You ensure you and your team’s day to day actions are in harmony with the company’s purpose, vision, and values even when challenged.
- You take responsibility for guiding others though changing conditions and creating a supportive culture that encourages the exploration of new opportunities or innovations.
- You value and encourage others to have cooperative and collaborative dialogue because diverse perspectives offer more creative and productive solutions. You thrive on delivering our exceptional client experience through positive and engaging.
To join our team:
- A University Degree is required.
- Insurance designations (CIP/CRM etc.) are preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of P&C underwriting and sales experience is required.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity, and passion in meaningful ways.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salary, bonus, paid time off, pension and benefits.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and flexible work options.
- The opportunity to work on an inclusive team who inspire each other to explore and achieve what’s possible.
- An organizational commitment to sustainability and charitable giving; positively impacting the social, environmental and economic well-being of Canadian businesses, families and communities.