Intermediate Claims Examiner
As a wholly owned subsidiary of the Cooperators General Insurance company, Sovereign Insurance believes your experience matters. This is our promise to not only our clients but to our employees as well, because we know the strength of our company starts with our people. The smart, curious and collaborative people who bring their whole heart and passion to work each day. But you can’t pour from an empty cup; we take care of the well-being of our people so that they are inspired to protect Canadian businesses and the lives, families and communities we impact. Join us and begin shaping your experience at Sovereign.
Our Claims Management Team is looking for a dynamic self-starter with a broad technical background for our Vancouver office. Utilizing previous experience and established corporate philosophies, policies, procedures and standards, the successful candidate will oversee a diverse portfolio of property and liability commercial and specialty lines claims including professional liability. He or she will demonstrate excellent communication and relationship-building skills along with the ability to coach and mentor other claims staff in areas of expertise.
What you’re responsible for:
- Setting up and investigating claims as assigned within authority level, providing control and direction to adjusters, appraisers, and solicitors to ensure adjusting and litigation programs advance in a timely manner.
- Reviewing and interpreting the insurance policy wordings and loss information.
- Maintaining extensive knowledge of insurance coverage, settlement methods, procedure, investigation methods, and creative negotiation skills and file management.
- Reporting on reserve loss and expenses within established guidelines.
- Liaising, collaborating and maintaining good relationships with the underwriting team, submitting risk information where appropriate.
What to expect:
- Detail oriented work that requires a high degree of mental concentration for extended periods of time.
- You will provide support to clients who are experiencing a personal or financial loss. A high degree of confidentiality and discretion is required.
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.
To be successful:
- You thrive on delivering our exceptional client experience through positive and engaging relationships; embracing accountability to achieve effective results.
- You ensure your day to day actions are in harmony with the company’s purpose, vision, and values even when challenged.
- You will support and guide others through changing conditions and encourage the exploration of new opportunities or innovations.
- You value cooperative and collaborative dialogue because diverse perspectives offer more creative and productive solutions.
To join our team:
- A minimum of 5 years claims experience with an emphasis on multi-line claims.
- Previous experience handling commercial property and liability claims in an examining role.
- Previous experience with Guidewire in a paperless claims environment is beneficial.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity, and passion in meaningful ways.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salary, bonus, paid time off, pension and benefits.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and flexible work options.
- The opportunity to work on an inclusive team who inspire each other to explore and achieve what’s possible.
- A company that is committed to support the social, environmental and financial well-being of the lives, families and communities we impact.