As a wholly owned subsidiary of the Cooperators General Insurance company, Sovereign Insurance believes your experience matters. This is our promise to not only our clients but to our employees as well, because we know the strength of our company starts with our people. The smart, curious and collaborative people who bring their whole heart and passion to work each day. But you can’t pour from an empty cup; we take care of the well-being of our people so that they are inspired to protect Canadian businesses and the lives, families and communities we impact. Join us and begin shaping your experience at Sovereign.
Sovereign is looking for a dynamic and entrepreneurial Eastern Manager based in Toronto to motivate and provide guidance to our Equipment Breakdown team in Eastern Canada. The successful candidate will be adept at marketing and implementing creative Equipment Breakdown solutions to maximize business opportunities and provide responsible leadership and technical direction on Equipment Breakdown risks.
What you’re responsible for:
- Conducting analysis to determine risk on new business, renewals and programs.
- Developing and maintaining positive constructive relationships with our brokers, Co-operators colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring documentation and files comply with legislative requirements (Canada Revenue, Privacy, Labor Standards, Insurance Industry Standards).
- Leading ongoing reviews of existing accounts including implementation of audit procedures, to ensure the quality of accounts underwritten and adherence to procedures and philosophy.
- Coaching and developing your team, recruiting and selecting talent, managing and rewarding performance, and fostering an agile culture to deliver on strategic objectives.
What to expect:
- You will travel occasionally.
- Detail oriented work that requires a high degree of mental concentration for extended periods of time.
- You will provide support to clients who are experiencing a personal or financial loss. A high degree of confidentiality and discretion is required.
- As a leader, strict confidentiality is required with respect to sensitive matters and employees’ personal information.
- Bilingualism in English and French is an asset.
To be successful:
- You thrive on leading and motivating others to embrace accountability to deliver our exceptional client experience and achieve results.
- You ensure you and your team’s day to day actions are in harmony with the company’s purpose, vision, and values even when challenged.
- You take responsibility for guiding others through changing conditions and creating a supportive culture that encourages the exploration of new opportunities or innovations.
- You value and encourage others to have cooperative and collaborative dialogue because diverse perspectives offer more creative and productive solutions.
To join our team:
- A University Degree is required
- Minimum 7 years of Equipment Breakdown experience, with propensity for making informed, effective business decisions within a complex environment.
- Strong technical expertise and sound underwriting skillset in Equipment Breakdown.
- CIP/FCIP and/or CRM designations an asset.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in business, risk management or related field.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity, and passion in meaningful ways.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salary, bonus, paid time off, pension and benefits.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and flexible work options.
- The opportunity to work on an inclusive team who inspire each other to explore and achieve what’s possible.
- A company that is committed to support the social, environmental and financial well-being of the lives, families and communities we impact.