Our Underwriting department is growing, and we are looking for an experienced Commercial Property Underwriter with senior-level experience to join our team. If you are looking for growth, mentorship, and career development then consider us the next step in your insurance career. You will have the opportunity to showcase your expertise, decision making, and customer service skills. You will see your work make a difference for our Policyholders. Ayr Farmers Mutual is proud of our culture. We live by our core values and genuinely care for one another and our Policyholders. We celebrate our successes and have a supportive work environment that encourages everyone to be their best.
Our underwriters work closely with our inhouse Agents and Broker network to provide tailored insurance solutions that meet the needs of our Policyholders. The ideal candidate has a strong midmarket background and thrives on placing complex commercial property risks that fit our appetite and guidelines. You will contribute your knowledge beyond the front lines by working with our product, process and pricing committee. Your understanding of the current market combined with your commonsense approach to underwriting assures success in this role.
- Develop and foster strong relationships with our Agents and Brokers, providing expertise to build solutions that profitably grow and retain our commercial portfolios
- Complete risk assessments, coverage, pricing, eligibility and guideline evaluations
- Provide exceptional customer service to our Policyholders through sound underwriting, accurate and responsive handling of quotes, new business, endorsements and policy renewals.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience is required; CIP designation is an asset
- Minimum 7 years Property Underwriting with 3 or more years of commercial midmarket experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of commercial policies, guidelines, wordings and products
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills, with the ability to work within a team environment and embrace change
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong attention to detail, time management and analytical skills
- Must be able to meet the demands of a fast-paced working environment, that requires attention to competing priorities
- Previous experience underwriting Commercial Auto and/or Farm-related risks is an asset
About Ayr Farmers Mutual Insurance
For over 125 years, our purpose has been simple and clear: Ayr Farmers Mutual exists for our Policyholders. We were created out of the need to protect our communities from devastating losses caused by fire. Our values guide our actions, as they have since 1893. Our knowledgeable and caring team members have helped thousands of people find peace of mind by aligning our Policyholders with products and services created to meet their insurance needs. To learn more, visit our website at https://www.ayrmutual.com/