HSB BI&I is a leader in providing specialized equipment breakdown insurance. We provide insurance and reinsurance to Canadian and global businesses through our coast to coast network of offices, 4,000 independent insurance brokers and over 50 major insurance companies. HSB BI&I is a member of the Hartford Steam Boiler Group and part of the global Munich Re Group of Companies.
- We have over 140 years of experience and through our modern systems and practices remain unsurpassed in meeting our customers’ needs.
- You can become an expert in your field while enjoying a healthy work/life balance and a collaborative, friendly atmosphere in our offices.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program to our employees.
We would like to invite you to learn more about us at our website: https://www.munichre.com/HSBBII
HSB BI&I is currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team of experts as a Claims Adjuster in our Head Office located in downtown Toronto. The right professional for this opportunity is client focused, self-driven, and enjoys utilizing his/her technical expertise to resolve equipment breakdown claims in a prompt and helpful manner. Come partner with our team of industry experts and act as a key HSB BI&I liaison as we continue to strategically strengthen HSB BI&I’s claims capabilities and our clients’ experiences.
University Degree and/or CIP designation completed or in process
- 10+ years related work experience in commercial property insurance
- Technical credentials and/or a good understanding of equipment breakdown is an added plus, but not a requirement
- Capable of managing a large workload while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong negotiation skills partnered with excellent customer service skills and relationship building skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement and strong analytical thinking
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiating skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in MS Office and databases
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. We are committed to sustaining our Employment Equity Program to ensure that members of all groups enjoy equal access to jobs and are able to participate and contribute to their fullest potential.
Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference CAEB0119-BW and send a covering letter along with a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.