Wawanesa Mutual Insurance is one of the largest property and casualty insurers in Canada with $3 billion in annual revenues and assets of more than $9 billion. Wawanesa Mutual, founded in 1896 with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon, and Wawanesa Life, which distributes life insurance products and services throughout Canada. With over 3,500 employees, Wawanesa proudly serves over two million policyholders through nine regional offices and 41 service offices in Canada and the United States. Wawanesa actively gives back to organizations that strengthen communities where it operates, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy.
Wawanesa is undergoing massive transformation to improve the customer experience and strengthen broker relationships. After several successful implementations (including in our U.S. business), the national technology roll-out of Guidewire is now coming to Wawanesa’s Central region. To support the change in technology, and business processes, we are hiring several new Underwriters to be a part of this exciting change journey at Wawanesa.
Working under general supervision, an Underwriter I – Commercial Lines is responsible for analyzing the acceptability of low complexity business with low to moderate premium volume according to company guidelines by working collaboratively with our sales force and providing value added expertise and service to both potential and existing policyholders.
- Perform risk analysis using technology as well as external data sources for the purposes of quoting, negotiating and authorizing the acceptance of risk.
- Maintain accurate records of decisions made and maintain completeness of policy data.
- Communicate decisions, and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner.
- Learn to understand rating procedures, wordings, underwriting policies and regulations.
- Handle work assignments, including calls, efficiently.
- Work effectively towards the goals of the team.
- Build positive working relationships with internal and external parties, including networking at industry events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education or related business experience.
- Willingness to enroll in, or actively pursuing a Property and Casualty Industry Designation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Strong decision making skills with the ability to provide justification.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated planning and organizing skills with the ability to prioritize daily tasks.
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensationpackages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, goal achievement plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, apply today with your Resume.
Accommodations are available as needed for all applicants.