Risk Control Consultant / Senior Risk Control Consultant
please submit resume and cover letter
At CNA, every person plays an important role in bringing nothing but the best to our customers. If you're looking for a career in a company that's evolving, has a great culture and amazing opportunities within the Insurance Industry, CNA is the clear choice. As part of the CNA team, you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. Guided by our core values, we remain steadfast to our commitment to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company. We are deeply rooted in our history and bringing together the best minds in insurance.
The Risk Control Consultant is responsible for providing overall risk assessment, evaluation, consulting and technical support for prospective and new and renewal accounts for the purpose of making risk determinations for underwriting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- On-site client visits to analyze and evaluate hazards and controls to assist underwriting in adequate risk selection & pricing of mid to large commercial, industrial and institutional risks
- Prepare comprehensive reports that highlight your assessment, evaluation of risks and recommended risk improvement solutions to assist in risk selection
- Support the branch and risk control business strategies by promoting risk control “value added” products and services to clients and brokers
- Develop and maintain business relationships with internal & external partners to positively impact branch business plans
- Provide risk improvement consultation to commercial customers to positively impact their loss ratio and deliver value that influences their insurance buying decision
- Maintain up to date skills and knowledge of risk control requirement, commercial underwriting guidelines, standards and best practices.
- Develop & conduct education and training program for internal and external customers on as needed basis
SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in engineering or equivalent (e.g., fire protection, chemical, mechanical, industrial, occupational health & safety) from an accredited University/College
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience as an insurance risk control consultant with a sound proficiency in multi-line risk assessments in property and casualty (G.L., Products Liability & Auto)
- In-depth technical & engineering knowledge of risk control practices, procedures and standards (i.e. NFPA, FM, Building & Fire Codes) and ability to apply to manufacturing- special hazards occupancies involving dust hazards, chemical/flammable liquids & warehouse risks.
- Must have strong understanding and experience performing sprinkler system and water supply analysis
- Possess or working towards insurance industry designations & certifications (i.e. CIP, CRM)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy, detailed oriented & demonstrate strong time management skills
- Strong analytical, technical, negotiation and presentation skills
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and willingness to travel throughout British Columbia
- Excellent MS Office skills
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- An annual performance bonus
- A pension plan
- Flexible work hours
- Top of the line medical and dental insurance
- And many more benefits (fitness subsidy, in-house training, etc.)
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.
More search results
The Commonwell Mutual Insurance Group
Insurance Accounting Assistance/Technical Service…
Dion Strategic Consultants and Actuaries
Underwriter - Commercial Insurance
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company
Underwriter - Farm Insurance
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company