Department: Insurance Institute of Ontario
Reports to: Senior Director, Insurance Institute of Ontario
Job Summary: The Chapter Manager, Hamilton reports to the Senior Director, IIO with full accountability for the financial success of the chapter, including local chapter administration, and the development of a positive volunteer and customer experience.
With frequently changing and multiple priorities this role is critical to leveraging the potential of the assigned regional area. The responsibilities of the Chapter Manager will include the effective and efficient management and implementation of all of the planned activity as set out by the Hamilton chapter Council who guide the strategic direction for the chapter.
This role will collaborate with other roles within the IIO team, such as the Marketing and Communication Specialist and the Customer Relationship Manager, and through the balance of the organization, to achieve a set of established goals. As a part of the IIO team there is also a need to participate in various projects that will continue to improve the ability to leverage and harmonize tasks and offerings to ensure provincial success.
The role of the Chapter Manager is to promote both finances and activity based customer needs and by building relationship with key stakeholders. The high level objective of this role is to not only ensure financial success but to serve the education needs of the local insurance community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Membership & Financial Accountability
- Increase Chapter membership by, effectively promoting the Institute and the benefits of membership to organizations and individuals in all areas of the chapter
- Identify strategic, tactical and operational opportunities and make recommendations to support annual activity and budget plans and council strategies,
- Promote membership renewal, administer retention initiatives and attract new members through creative partnerships and product promotion
Service to Members and Customers
- Provide a customer centered focus through response to inquiries; maintain service standards and proactive participation in industry functions.
- Annually administer and deliver a well-supported cost effective, professional convocation and awards ceremony
- Implement and deliver all aspects of the responsive education and networking opportunities for members of the Society, and other services appropriate to members of the CIP Society
- Provide a relationship management approach by creating value for both the customer and the organization.
- Utilize extensive product knowledge to match the customer needs appropriately when delivering classes, events and seminars
- Actively engage in building and maintaining effective relationships with employers and other industry associations, to ultimately benefit the growth of the chapter, through regular visits with Key stakeholders.
- Regular Office Hours that ensure availability for students to attend at the chapter office
- Manage all operational aspects of the premises and liaison with IIC regarding facilitates landlords and financial impacts
- Assign, support and acknowledge volunteer members to successfully work with the regional insurance community
- Implement annual plan to maximize membership and event participation in the CIP Society
- Identify & recruit qualified council & committee members.
- Administer council support through report documentation and meeting minutes
- Identify, recruit and hire qualified instructors
- Facilitate effective and timely councilor succession
Promotion of Products
- Identify Customer needs in the regional areas of the chapter and ensure implementation of the available Products and Services, through regular visits with key stakeholders.
- Manage and deliver a complete Academic Program with multiple distribution methods and locations to meet student needs
- Create, operationalize and successfully implement timely plan of special events approved by Council
- Plan, deliver and review results of all seminars, training and workshop programs sufficient to respond to member needs
- Promote awareness and participation in all Institute/Chapter programs, products and services among members, stakeholders, the industry generally using all forms of electronic marketing and social media
- Accountable for maintaining and managing solid relationships with all members of the IIO team in order to drive organization plans
- Maintain cooperative and harmonious working relationship with The Insurance Institutes,
- Submit and implement a full strategic plan for participation and activity growth of the CIP, Seminar, Event and Licensing programs
- Advancement of the goals of the CIP Society and support of national initiatives
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Exceptional ability to interact and communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with a wide variety and level of individuals and organizations
- High level of professionalism
- Superior aptitude for multi-tasking simultaneously and effectively across a broad range of activities
- First-rate planning, analyzing, reporting and organizational skills
- Exceptional Commitment to customer service
- Highly skilled in developing and nurturing effective relationships and networks
- Exceptional, assertive leadership skills, proactively decides and initiates action, delivering quality service
- Keen focus on concrete results with the ability to balance customer needs with organizational goals.
- High level of computer literacy with proven proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and Power Point
- Proficient in the use of computers and software packages, including updating website and distribution of electronic marketing
- Working Knowledge of Aptify is an asset
- Project planning management skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Effective problem solving abilities
- Working knowledge of accounting and able to read financial statement
- University graduate in a business discipline preferred
- CIP preferred or commitment to complete CIP within time specified by Institute management
- Five years’ work experience within the property-casualty insurance or related service business
- Five years proven successful customer service, relationship management and sales experience
- Three years managerial experience required
- Volunteer experience in a NPO at the committee or board level an asset
- Driver’s license is required
- Some travel within chapter to industry and Institute events
- Association Management an asset
TO APPLY: Qualified applicants, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com prior to September 5th, 2019.
The Insurance Institute welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Risk Control Consultant / Senior Risk Control Con…
CNA Insurance Canada
Personal Lines Account Manager
Jamieson-Hilts Insurance Brokers Ltd.
Executive Vice President, Chief Insurance Officer
Saskatchewan Government Insurance
Insurance Solutions Advisor
Commercial Lines Underwriter - Vancouver
Peace Hills Insurance