Underwriting Support Representative - P&C Insurance (Bilingual Required)
At CNA, every person plays an important role in bringing nothing but the best to our customers. If you're looking for a career in a company that's evolving, has a great culture and amazing opportunities within the Insurance Industry, CNA is the clear choice. As part of the CNA team, you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. Guided by our core values, we remain steadfast to our commitment to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company. We are deeply rooted in our history and bringing together the best minds in insurance.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the overall purpose and objective of this position is to provide centralized, high volume underwriting support for Underwriting Department (s) across Canada. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Mid Term Change Endorsement Processing:
- Use CNA’s Internal Underwriting application to process mid-term change endorsements for One World and Oneworld + Policies ensuring completeness and accuracy in accordance with established guidelines.
- Determine Premiums for mid-term change endorsements accurately
- Use premium system to Book endorsements
- Manage endorsement requests through the public mail box to completion between Field offices and Operations
- Upload emails and endorsement correspondence to internal document management system
- Communicate successfully with underwriters for verification and qualification of information as needed and to request information required to be part of the underwriting file.
- Familiarize and apply best business practices towards centralized service & maintain quality standards.
- Ensures all Premium adjustment endorsement’s and task list items are completed for close off each month
- Handle Endorsement premium discrepancy
- Auto Endorsement Processing
- Auto Rating; New and Renewal Policies
- Code Auto Premium into internal premium application
- Manually processing of Auto Garage Policies and Endorsements
- Auto Policy- manual amendments
The remaining responsibilities are as follows:
- Issues policies and endorsements manually for Professional Liability, Management Liability, Large Property, Engineered Property, Information Risk, Advanced Medical Technologies, One World / One World + Miscellaneous.
- Review and enter coverage information and limits into Internal Underwriting System for New Business/Renewals based on the broker submission /Mid Term Change endorsements.
- Set up and complete New Business, Renewal and Endorsements for Program Business in Internal Underwriting and premium Systems.
- University degree or college diploma and aspire to attain or has been granted the Chartered Insurance Professional designation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English. French-would be an asset.
- A proven track record in customer service coupled with excellent interpersonal skills. Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Customer service focused. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conceptualize details and develop action plans for problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment with limited supervision
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- An annual performance bonus
- A pension plan
- Flexible work hours
- Top of the line medical and dental insurance
- And many more benefits (fitness subsidy, in-house training, etc.)
We are excited to learn more about you!
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.