please submit resume and cover letter
At CNA, every person plays an important role in bringing nothing but the best to our customers. If you're looking for a career in a company that's evolving, has a great culture and amazing opportunities within the Insurance Industry, CNA is the clear choice. As part of the CNA team, you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. Guided by our core values, we remain steadfast to our commitment to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company. We are deeply rooted in our history and bringing together the best minds in insurance.
This position will report directly to the Vice President, Human Resources, while supporting Underwriting, Finance, Claims and Operations Leaders through the CNA Canada offices when designated. This person will use good judgment and discretion in providing direct administrative support and serve as an integral part of the daily operations of CNA.
- Coordinates meeting logistics, including agenda development, meeting materials and distribution, attendance, audio visual, room reservations, and catering needs. Assists in taking meeting notes or drafting minutes
- Coordinated business travel arrangements, ensuring that all necessary materials and supplies are assembled and itineraries are prepared including flights, hotels and transportation
- Assist in organizing Town Hall meetings, Leadership Meetings and events
- Assist in co-ordinating Chicago Home Office and International executive visits
- Maintain contact database and files
- Greet visitors
- Co-ordinate, handle and resolve business unit problems and customer issues independently, proactively escalating as appropriate
- Provide answers or make referrals to others in the organization on routine matters
- Work collaboratively and effectively with Branch Managers, Home Office & International colleagues
- Enhance broker relations and create a positive experience representing CNA
- Co-ordinate special projects for senior management, as assigned
Compliance and Finance
- Assist in handling corporate secretary duties to ensure compliance with regulators across Canada for Continental Casualty Company (“CCC”). This includes corporate license renewals, registrations, Chief Agent business; and other compliance requirements
- Effective management of expense reports and invoice processing
- Continually seek opportunities to improve processes and/or gain efficiencies
- Manages special projects as directed by leadership team
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of two years progressively responsible executive assistant experience OR a minimum of five years of progressively responsible administrative assistant experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information with absolute discretion required.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to maintain files required.
- Proficiency with word processing applications, preparing presentations, spreadsheets and databases required. (Experience with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat)
- Ability to maintain calm and courteous demeanor and to work productively despite heavy workload, competing priorities, complex problems, and tight deadlines required.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Ability to exercise flexibility and contribute to the overall work of the team.
- Considerable skill in working both independently and as a team member required.
- Ability to take initiative required.
- Bilingual (French/English) is an asset but not required
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- An annual performance bonus
- A pension plan
- Flexible work hours
- Top of the line medical and dental insurance
- And many more benefits (fitness subsidy, in-house training, etc.)
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.