Insurance Software Application Trainer
Cognition+ is the leading provider of software solutions in the mutual insurance industry in Canada. Founded in 1993 by a group of mutual insurers, Cognition+ provides powerful, easy to use, and affordable software that ensures insurance companies of all sizes can compete in the insurance marketplace. Cognition+ offers solutions for policy, claims, accounting, financial reporting, and investment and includes integrations with third party trading partners including brokers, financial institutions and service providers. Leveraging an internal rating and underwriting rules engine along with significant application programming interface development provides extensive flexibility, extendibility and scalability. Using industry best practices for privacy, security and roles based authorization and access, Cognition+ offers onsite and cloud based solutions to 32 insurance companies in Canada. Located in London, Ontario, Cognition+ has strong longstanding relationships with insurance and technology partners in North America.
Position Summary: We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual with experience in the insurance industry who’s passionate about training clients and employees on our Company’s software products. This opportunity includes being responsible for developing training materials and user documentation to enhance software system utilization by our client community. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Deliver training to clients and internal staff, introducing them to new functionality and implementing existing functionality with new clients
- Develop training and user documents for the enhancement of software utilization
- Analyze training participants to determine current level of system understanding
- Prepare course material and schedule for training sessions
- Working with internal teams, this role will:
- Create reference material, online help and release notes for software products
- Create training material, including documentation, webinars and videos
- Assist with client environment audit and ensure their correct utilization of the system
- Build strong working relationships with employees, business and client contacts
- Work with other departments on product assessment and improvement requirements based on client feedback received
- Other duties as required by the Company from time to time
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- College diploma or other post-secondary education in a related field, such as Adult Education/Training
- Prior related experience in the insurance industry and/or CIP certification required
- A minimum of 1-5 years of prior related experience teaching in adult education and documentation fields
- Considerable knowledge of training and documentation policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality customer service, including the delivery of virtual and classroom training
- Ability to analyze and interpret training needs
- Demonstrated experience preparing various training resources
- Works collaboratively in a team environment to meet departmental and client needs
- Ability to multi-task and quickly learn new technologies
- Effective time management abilities
- Proven attention to detail, ability to work independently, and take initiative and ownership
- Must hold a valid driver’s license as travel to client sites will be required
- Experience with software tools, including RoboHelp, MS Office, media production tools
Equal Employment Opportunities:
Cognition+ is committed to employment equity and welcomes diversity. We encourage applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Cognition+ provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 519-432-8553 ext. 362.
How to Apply!
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at www.mccg.net/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for the next steps in the process.