Please submit resume and cover letter
As one of the largest commercial property and casualty insurers, we have been providing insurance solutions to more than 1 million businesses worldwide for more than 100 years. We are currently going through a growth phase across Canada. We are respected worldwide as experts in understanding risks with an innovative portfolio of products and services. Strong, smart, and focused, CNA is well positioned to serve our insureds and provide a trusted, consistent market for our agents and brokers. Our focus has been on professionalism, a set of core values, and commitment to our customers and distributors.
Our products include standard commercial lines, specialty lines, surety, marine, engineered property and other property-casualty coverages. CNA services include risk management, information services, underwriting, and claims administration.
CNA Canada has five strategically placed offices in Montreal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver making our friendly and knowledgeable staff easily accessible to our customers. Our support network extends across the world from North America to Asia allowing CNA to accommodate our customers as they expand operations globally.
Our comprehensive approach to insurance opens doors to an array of career opportunities. We offer an environment that challenges you to learn, to use your imagination and to gain professional qualifications in a company where you are part of a team pursuing common goals. We believe that our talented team of skilled employees, coupled with our knowledgeable distribution partners, places us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We are committed to quality; approach every challenge as an opportunity and put our customers first every step of the way.
The Claims Adjuster, Specialty will be responsible for providing support for Specialty claims including but not limited to E&O, D&O, Professional Liability, and Cyber risk claims. They will also be responsible for the following:
- Setting reserves and authorizing payment within scope of authority, effectively settling claims in the most cost effective manner and ensuring timely issuance of payments;
- Coordinating and adjusting investigations of predominantly specialty claims (professional liability, D&O, E&O, cyber) of a moderate complexity through communication with policy holders and external vendors;
- Assigning independent adjusters and lawyers in accordance with established guidelines.
- Attending settlement meetings, mediations and pre-trials;
- Contributing to profitability by effective implementation of claim handling best practices to direct loss cost and claim expense;
- Working closely with all levels of CNA’s internal and external business partners to share knowledge and developments on claims;
- Ensuring proper reporting are completed in a timely manner and sent to the appropriate Head Office departments;
- Making recommendations on claim policy and processes to further enhance the claim department;
- Reacting to change productively and handling other essential tasks and projects as assigned;
- Some travel required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree with at least 2-3 years of commercial claims handling experience
- Member of the Law Society preferred or relevant experience handling Specialty claims;
- CIP, FCIP, CRM or working towards completion of same;
- Strong knowledge of industry trends, issues, Canadian and US laws and regulations.
- Customer service focused;
- Strong analytical, interpretation, organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to conceptualize details and develop action plans for problem solving and decision making;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, work under pressure and handle high volumes of work;
- Comfortable working in a paperless and technologically based environment;
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset.
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
- A competitive salary;
- An annual performance bonus;
- A pension plan;
- Flexible work hours;
- Top of the line medical and dental insurance;
- And many more benefits (fitness subsidy, in-house training, etc.)
At CNA, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, CNA will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No agencies please.
More search results
Experienced Property Underwriter
Family Insurance Solutions
Underwriting Support Representative - P&C Insuran…
CNA Insurance Canada
Underwriter, Commercial Auto (Non-Fleet)
Sr. Underwriter, Commercial/Farm
Regional Underwriter (Calgary)
The Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada