Reporting to the Vice President, National Business Development and Quebec Region, the Business Development Representative will be energetic, resourceful, assertive, flexible and entrepreneurial providing professional service to our brokers. The ideal candidate must be a team player and will work closely with other business development representatives, the marketing and communications team and the underwriting team.
Note that extensive travel is required within Ontario.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Maintain existing broker relationships and seek opportunities to expand broker relationship network
- Conduct sales and product seminars by providing thorough training to brokers on new products and systems
- Represent Echelon team at a variety of industry trade shows and broker conventions coordinating with Marketing for these events
- Accountable for gathering and reporting market intelligence
- Address concerns and/or issues related to brokers quickly and effectively working closely with the business line(s)
- Assist in the strategic development of annual marketing plans
- Other duties as required
Education & Experience
- Post secondary education, preferably in business administration or marketing with a practical knowledge of automobile insurance
- CIP designation would be an asset
- Willingness to travel as extensive travel is required
- Three to five years of industry related experience, with one to two years related experience in a sales/account management environment
- Must have outstanding people skills and take pride in building trusted relationships for the long term
- Must be a naturally talented communicator, both verbal and written (i.e. presentation quality, positioning, spelling, grammar, etc.)
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment, self-motivate and work independently
- Attention to detail and excellent follow up skills
- Must be professional, positive, have an upbeat attitude and be organizationally focused
- High degree of proficiency in all Microsoft Office software (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word)
Echelon Insurance is committed to providing accommodation throughout the interview and employment process. Should you require any accommodation please let Human Resources know so that we can accommodate your individual accessibility needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Underwriter, Commercial Lines
Insurance Advisor/Autoplan Lead
Croissant Insurance Services Inc./The Co-operators
Customer Service Broker - Personal Lines
McConville Omni Insurance Brokers Ltd.
Intermediate Underwriter (Auto)
Kent & Essex Mutual Insurance
Personal Lines Account Manager/CSR
Brokers Trust Insurance Group Inc