Coordinator, Risk and Insurance (12 Month Temporary)
- Job Category
- Admin/Clerical/Customer Service, Insurance
- Job Type
Reporting to the Manager, Risk, Insurance and Claims, the Coordinator, Risk and Insurance performs an essential role with the collection, compilation, maintenance and sharing of insurance related information internally and externally. Additionally, this position provides critical back up to Risk and Security in the areas of Insurance (managing Teck’s Automobile Insurance program, vetting contractor insurance), security (access card administration) and accounting, building integral relationships across Teck and with its risk management and insurance communities.
Risk and Security is responsible for Teck’s global risk management program, which includes operational risk assessment and mitigation, loss control, corporate security, country and security risk, contracting, commercial insurances, emergency preparedness liaison and crisis management, and some components of safety, for Teck and its partnerships.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- Lead the collection and preparation of underwriter marketing submissions for all lines of coverage associated with the Global Insurance Program.
- Assist with the creation of Risk and Security’s SharePoint sites for internal and external use.
- Maintain accurate statistics and records on claims, premiums, insurance coverages, and cost allocations.
- Support and back-up the Advisor, Risk and Insurance approving contractor insurance, crucial to the initiation of services, through a document management system (Avetta) and directly with business units, operations and contractors.
- Support and back-up the Supervisor, Risk and Insurance Services with the renewal and ongoing management of Teck’s Automobile Insurance program.
- Assist with processing invoices and reconciling expense accounts.
- Support with the preparation of documents, reports and presentations.
- Manage and maintain physical records and files and help coordinate offsite document management.
- Bachelor of Business Administration degree and/or 6 years of related office experience.
- Working knowledge of insurance terms and coverage.
- Designation in Canadian Risk Management is considered an asset.
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Strong written and verbal skills required.
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Detail oriented and proven ability to work accurately with varying types of information.
- Strong skills with SharePoint and MS Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.