Insurance Claims Representative
TFI International Inc. is a North American leader in the transportation and logistics industry, operating across the United States, Canada and Mexico through its subsidiaries. TFI International creates value for shareholders by identifying strategic acquisitions and managing a growing network of wholly-owned operating subsidiaries. Under the TFI International umbrella, companies benefit from financial and operational resources to build their businesses and increase their efficiency. TFI International companies service the following segments:
TFI International Inc. is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: TFII) and the OTCQX marketplace in the U.S. (OTCQX: TFIFF).
Reporting directly to the Claims Examiner/Supervisor, you will act as support to TFI International companies managing their claims in Canada and the United States.
- Handle all standard line of business claims, including physical damage, third party property damage, bodily injury and cargo claims;
- Investigate claims by interviewing insureds, claimants and witnesses, obtaining official reports, and by comparing claim information with evidence;
- Set loss reserves and settle claims within authority levels by determining liability, by obtaining demands and making offers to claimants, issuing settlement checks, making filings with regulatory agencies, disposing of salvage, pursuing subrogation when appropriate;
- Control claim costs;
- Maintain expected caseload;
- Communicate professionally with internal departments, claimants, brokers, insurance adjusters, lawyers and the general public;
- Participate in special projects or perform all other related tasks.
- College degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Fundamental knowledge of the insurance industry, claims, and a functional and developing knowledge of the legal statutes and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and analytical and negotiation skills;
- Highly organized and attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain respectfulness and patience, even in times of conflict;
- Demonstrate honesty, dependability, efficiency, and quality in all activities and interactions;
- Solid technical proficiency including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Action orientated and successful at prioritizing multiple tasks;
- Effective time management with the ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to document and maintain accurate records;
- Ability to handle highly confidential information.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TFI International Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Through our commitment to the spirit and principles of Employment Equity, we welcome applications from designated group members - Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities. This job positing will be made available in an alternate format if required.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews and eligible to work in Canada will be contacted. We do not provide sponsorship for employment visas to Canada.