WHO WE ARE
BFL CANADA is a leading employee-owned and operated commercial insurance brokerage and consulting services firm in 12 cities across Canada. The key to our success has always been our passionate and engaged team, now composed of 600 professionals with vast experience and expertise. Here at BFL, our motto is work hard, play hard and we’re not afraid to prove it! Our employees have the freedom to demonstrate their own creativity, leadership and entrepreneurship because we strongly believe in them. We are a national collaborative team that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
BFL CANADA is looking for a Technical Assistant for its Commercial Team in the Toronto Office!
As a member of our Commercial Team you will be reporting to the Commercial Team Lead. If you’re looking for a dynamic work environment, keep reading!
YOUR DAY AS A TECHNICAL ASSISTANT
- Prepare certificates of insurance and automobile liability cards (pink slips)
- Managing and updating monthly bordereau
- Assisting with preparation of renewal presentation and new business proposal
- Preparation of client manuals
- Follow up on policies and endorsements
- Preparation and update excel spreadsheets
- Preparing cover notes, invoices and letters for clients
- Pull MVRs
- Complete Word Sensa policy comparison
- Request loss experience from insurers
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- College or university diploma is required
- At least 1 year of work experience in insurance is an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- RIBO licensed an asset
- Customer focused and sales oriented
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work well with others throughout the organization
- You will be working in a thriving, progressive and well-established insurance brokerage company
- Competitive salary, group insurance benefits, and RRSP matching plans from your first day
- A culture that encourages and supports continued education
Our BFL Toronto office is located in beautiful downtown, in the core of the Financial District. Easily accessible by public transit, our office is close to a plethora of top-notch restaurants, ideal for enjoyable lunches or drinks after work.