Senior Product Specialist – Personal Insurance
We are currently seeking a Senior Product Specialist to join our expanding team in Personal Insurance.
As a Senior Product Specialist, you will lead the development and maintenance of insurance offerings and underwriting principles that support and promote corporate strategies for Personal Lines business. You will work collaboratively with our regional offices in our Canadian markets.
If you are a strategic thinker, who has advanced level problem solving and communication skills, this could be the role for you! Have a further look at the job details and qualifications listed below, and apply today.
** Note: While Winnipeg is preferred, we are open to candidates in other locations.
- Lead the analysis and communication of complex product and rate reviews to ensure that our rates are competitive and that appropriate premiums are charged
- Participate in research and development initiatives to provide innovative and competitive products to meet our customer needs
- Development of product wordings
- Develop, present and facilitate product training programs to a variety of audiences
- Mentor and develop team members through the sharing of knowledge and best practices
- Develop and maintain underwriting guidelines, procedures and tools to assist in underwriting while sharing knowledge and best practices
- Develop and enhance productive business relationships by liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Oversee regional underwriting audits and reviews to ensure consistency and find areas for improvement
- Develop broker audit programs to ensure underwriting guidelines are followed
- Assist in the development of corporate policies like our Premium Adjustment Policy and Inspection Guideline
- Use data to monitor and analyze current product financial performance and develop action plans when required
- Creation of key performance indicators and goals of new product launches
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of seven years Property and Casualty industry experience
- Completion of post-secondary education or related business experience
- Completed CIP or equivalent Property and Casualty industry designation
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
- Bilingual in French would be considered an asset
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to conduct detailed analysis of information, and to select and implement best solutions in a timely manner
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate at the right level for the audience and present information or arguments in a convincing manner
- Excellent planning and organizing skills, with the ability to develop and prioritize effective plans that define activities, resources, timelines, and cost estimates
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to develop quality standards and mentor other teams members in adhering to them
- Data manipulation skills and data mining skills an asset
- Ability to facilitate high team moral
- Ability and willingness to travel
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, goal achievement plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.