Administrative Assistant - IIBC
Department: The Insurance Institute of British Columbia (IIBC)
Reports to: Manager, IIBC
Hours: Part-Time (Monday to Thursday - 22 hours per week)
The individual will be responsible for providing support to a small team as well as customer service. This is an exciting position if you enjoy being busy and enjoy variety as you will be working in a small office for a not-for-profit educational association.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet and assist in-person clients
- Manage all incoming calls and emails
- Respond to customer inquiries and provide excellent customer service
- Process customer orders and input payments (courses, seminars & events)
- Assist members of the team
- Send marketing emails promoting courses, seminars and events
- Coordinate council and committee meetings
- Order catering, set up and tear down for monthly meetings
- Manage office supplies inventory and order as required.
- Ensure that the classrooms are well maintained
- Coordinate equipment maintenance
- Maintain literature inventory (Syllabus, licensing info, forms, etc).
- Open mail and distribute accordingly
- Administrative responsibilities: letters, labels, etc.
- Ship textbooks to students and instructors as required.
- Regular bank deposits.
- Maintain the office calendars
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Strong customer service skills
- Quick learner
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written English and strong interpersonal skills
- Good judgment and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Enjoy working in a busy environment
- Strong team player
- Self directed and ability to multi task
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, mail merge and Power Point)
- Office experience (1 yr minimum)
- Insurance experience is an asset
Qualified applicants, please submit a resume AND cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to March 10, 2019.
The Insurance Institute welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.