Working for a national company, within a team oriented environment, the Branch Manager profile focuses on the management of branch services that deliver high quality, customer service oriented adjusting services within a critically fast paced environment driven by external events.
- To lead and manage staff, proactive customer contact with respect to quality and service issues while building the individual business reputation, training and development of staff and overseeing efficiency of operations.
- To foster a culture of recognition and high performance in an effort to retain employees.
- Mobility is an important criterion of the role. Travel is often required on a daily basis and at times may occur outside of regular business hours.
- The profile requires an individual with demonstrated leadership skills, a dynamic management style, and proven effectiveness and productivity within a management portfolio.
Competencies required to succeed
- Management abilities - demonstrated skills to effectively manage people and service, using a fiscally responsible approach and an entrepreneurial focus.
- Achievement Orientation - demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness to achieve desired goals and o objectives.
- Problem Solving - the ability to look at situations and barriers to creatively provide solutions that meet the needs of all parties in the best collective manner possible.
- Business Acumen - the ability to initiate and contribute to business development through visibility, displaying of technical expertise and networking.
- Initiative - must be able to proactively identify new opportunities within the industry and successfully lead those opportunities to conclusion.
- Service Orientation - Creates and sustains an organizational culture which encourages others to provide the quality of service essential to high performance.
- Leadership skills - the ability to lead people effectively.
- Determination - the ability to continue to strive for a solution despite obstacles from others and/or uncontrollable situations.
- Responsible to meet or exceed revenue contributions and margins as applicable to the branch
- Responsible for the management and collection of account receivables
- Responsible for the management of adjusters billings and maintaining the level of interims as per company standards
File Quality / Customer Service
- In preparation for QA file reviews, review billings and fees in accordance with client billing expectations and corporate standards
- Handle insured and client complaints, monitor and ensure resolutions reached
- Review/analyze/sign adjuster’s reports, ensuring compliance/accuracy and efficiency
Technical Expertise and Support
- In conjunction with the other Subject Matter Expert Managers act in a consultative and advisory capacity on claims matters and technical issues such as: liability determination, investigation, policy interpretation, settlement negotiation, and reserve establishment for claims
- Provides file review feedback and in some cases direction on file completion
- Manage budgeted revenue expectations in conjunction with individual adjuster production
- Manage own file handling as required by management and meet production targets in line with corporate expectations
- Coach and develop employees by providing on-going feedback on technical and quality issues
- Prepare and discuss performance reviews with staff members
- Support technical training and other development requirements
- Monitor and assess resources (capacity) vs. volume in conjunction with Human Resources and the management team
- Responsible for the recruitment and selection of adjusters for the branch
- Provide leadership to cross-functional staff and ensure maximization of performance, motivation and production
Accountabilities [and to whom]
- Reports to District Manager
- Active participation and feedback in developing plans and problem solving issues – Branch personnel.
- Participating and executing against the QA plan – QA Leader.
- Ensure timely and quality delivery of services – Insureds, claimants and other clients.
Education, knowledge and experience required
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a College or University degree with minimum 5+ years’ experience as an Adjuster within the insurance services industry.
- Candidates must hold a valid BC Level 2 or 3 Adjuster’s license
- Associate or Fellow of the IIC or CIP or FCIP would be an asset.
- Specialty in property preferred, multiline also acceptable.
- Proven adjusting skills.
- Strong communication skills both written (including technical) and oral
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities in an effective manner.
- Proactive and positive approach to customer service ensuring that all inquiries are effectively dealt with in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing you to effectively deal with conflict and difficult situations.
- Strong commitment to ongoing education and learning.
- Demonstrated abilities in business development activities.
SCM Insurance Services and affiliates welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the recruitment and assessment process