Stratford Underwriting Agency is new Managing General Agency servicing BC residents to meet their insurance needs. Our team of value driven insurance professionals takes pride in their commitment to doing what is right for our business partners, customers, colleagues and community. Explore the opportunities below and start an exciting career that brings challenge and opportunity!
This position involves working in a dynamic and stimulating environment while utilizing the latest technology. Stratford’s Business Development Manager reports to the Vice President Insurance Operations and will effectively execute the marketing plan to generate profitable growth. This role will be based at our head office in North Vancouver, BC.
- Effectively implement the corporate marketing strategy, and develop and grow broker partner relationships to achieve profitable growth objectives;
- Develop and nurture a strong sales culture with broker partners to support the achievement of the profitability and sales growth, through broker visits and webinars;
- Subject matter expert, supporting broker sales through telephone and online support;
- Coordinate the annual marketing plan development with the underwriting and business analysis teams;
- Accountable for sales growth and sales targets, and coordinating communication of sales results;
- Evaluate market conditions and implement agent initiatives to ensure profitability and growth;
- Work closely with business development and underwriting team members to develop brokers, including product and system training and product promotion;
- Provide public relations leadership whenever possible, including participating in industry associations, broker functions and conventions.
- 5+ years of relevant insurance experience, including sales and/or underwriting;
- University degree in a related field is preferred;
- Insurance and/or risk management accreditation (FCIP, CIP, CAIB, CRM or ARM) is desired;
- General Insurance Licence is required.
- Demonstrate and foster a drive-for-results mentality, strong commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals;
- Focus on exceptional sales, marketing and customer relationship management;
- Articulate, inspire, and engage commitment to a plan of action;
- Fluent communication skills which include oral and written communication, and public presentations;
- Effective project management skills driven by self-motivation;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Computer competency.