We Challenge you to find an Insurance Company that is more fun to work at.
Our friendly work environment provides one of light-hearted collaboration, employee focused recognition and employer funded career growth.
“The staff and management have been welcoming, friendly and approachable. The environment is encouraging, stimulating and supportive. Recognition is given for individual merit and contribution however there is an overwhelming sense of unity throughout the company. Social interaction is promoted through various activities, treats & lunches, volunteer opportunities are endless and further education is encouraged” – Underwriter since 2014
Our highly differentiating benefits are premium free with eligibility on your first day, flexibility within your job and your day and transparency in management communications.
With over 120 years of experience as a national insurance provider with combined assets of more than 7 billion, we can give you a stable work environment in which you can flourish in your career.
We welcome you to join our established, profitable, national organization and become part of our family.
The Commercial Underwriter is responsible for underwriting and processing files with a moderate to large premium volume involving commercial policies. You will ensure that all files are handled promptly and efficiently through utilizing your strong communication and analytical skills. You will maintain a high level of customer service through daily interaction both internally and externally, while contributing to the development of superior relationships with our brokers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform risk analysis using technology as well as external data sources for the purposes of quoting, negotiating and authorizing the acceptance of risk.
- Maintain accurate records of decisions made and maintain completeness of policy data.
- Communicate decisions, and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner.
- Learn to understand rating procedures, wordings, underwriting policies and regulations.
- Handle work assignments, including calls, efficiently.
- Work effectively towards the goals of the team.
- Build positive working relationships with internal and external parties, including networking at industry events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education considered an asset.
- Previous Insurance experience considered an asset.
- Willingness to enroll in, or actively pursuing a Property and Casualty Industry Designation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Strong decision making skills with the ability to provide justification.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated planning and organizing skills with the ability to prioritize daily tasks.
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a pension plan). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
Join a Canadian success story!
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, please apply online today at www.wawanesa.com!
More search results
Underwriting Support Representative - P&C Insuran…
CNA Insurance Canada
Underwriter, Commercial Auto (Non-Fleet)
Sr. Underwriter, Commercial/Farm
Regional Underwriter (Calgary)
The Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada